Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 03:11 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,240,207 times

Advertisements

I think they should have hit him with a tazer instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 05:32 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,676,911 times
if it had been MY kid.. pepper spray would have been a walk in the park compared to what home life would have been like for a LONG time.

i say SHAME ON MOM for 1) not disciplining - i dont believe for a MINUTE that school is the ONLY place he acts like this and 2) parading him on TV like he is a victim!

for those that caught the GMA clip - anyone notice what video game he was playing? one of those shoot em dead RPG's. yeah great game for an 8 year old with behavioral problems.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:07 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,371,643 times
"Not my sweet little angel! He could never do any wrong....." How often does this happen? I wonder why bullies are such a problem now days???

Get your head out of the sand, Mom. Wake up and face realitiy. If my kid did something to warrant the police being called to the school there would be HUGE consequences. Hell, if I even got a phone call from the school they would be in trouble!! If it happened a second or third time.....

No wonder the kid has problems. There are obviously no consequences at home for anything!!

Old 04-10-2011, 12:13 PM

705 posts, read 1,759,895 times
Well, I wouldn't say the kid had no consequences. On the contrary, he got to be a tv star! On multiple shows! So....did his behavior get punished, or reinforced? hmmm......wonder if he will think twice about throwing another fit.

Regarding the incident itself - usually the policy is to clear the room of other kids, ensure the out of control kid isn't going to hurt himself, then deal with property damage later. That is exactly what they did. But the kid was still attempting to get at the other kids/teachers and was expressly threatening to hurt them and the cops. He had to be subdued at that point, and the best way to do that is the way the cops chose. Not to mention the cops in question were very familiar with the kid....if they thought he could be talked down, they would've done that - after all, that is what they had done in the past.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:54 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeg26 View Post
Why schools should be allowed to spank children..........JUST KIDDING
If they could, this would have likely been stopped months or years earlier. I suspect this isn't the first run in with authority in this 8 year olds career.

Pepper spray was appropriate for this out of control brat. Now will DSS investigate this child home life to find out how this kid got to such a level of antagonistic attitude towards authority, a family value perhaps.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:26 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,472,766 times
OMG.... I saw this kid on tv this morning. He claims "older kids at school" have been beating him up all the time and he told the teachers but no one did anything. He claims he never told his parents (and tried keeping a straight face while saying it).

This kid has been coached in what to say on these news shows that are dumb enough to play into this game. Obviously, a huge lawsuit is in the making.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:12 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
If they could, this would have likely been stopped months or years earlier. I suspect this isn't the first run in with authority in this 8 year olds career.

Pepper spray was appropriate for this out of control brat. Now will DSS investigate this child home life to find out how this kid got to such a level of antagonistic attitude towards authority, a family value perhaps.

You really think spanking this kid is going to set him straight?
Obviously this kid doesn't have it all going on upstairs, and is even in a special school, I think spanking the kid is just going to make things worse.
Like I said, he's in a special school because its not all ok up there in his little demented head.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
You really think spanking this kid is going to set him straight?
Obviously this kid doesn't have it all going on upstairs, and is even in a special school, I think spanking the kid is just going to make things worse.
Like I said, he's in a special school because its not all ok up there in his little demented head.
Personally, I think if the kid had gotten a few good spankings when he was younger, and some follow through with discipline - maybe none of this would have happened in the first place. That's my opinion. And no, I don't know these people. Just some families that have children with similiar "problems."

Old 04-10-2011, 05:52 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeg26 View Post
Personally, I think if the kid had gotten a few good spankings when he was younger, and some follow through with discipline - maybe none of this would have happened in the first place. That's my opinion. And no, I don't know these people. Just some families that have children with similiar "problems."
But he's in a special school already, because somethings wrong with him.
A few spankings early on don't fix whatever is wrong with the kid, probably from birth, people are born that way, a lot of people are born mentally screwed up.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
But he's in a special school already, because somethings wrong with him.
A few spankings early on don't fix whatever is wrong with the kid, probably from birth, people are born that way, a lot of people are born mentally screwed up.
Yes, there are some people that are just screwed up. Then there are kids out there that are just BRATS. They aren't born that way, they are made that way by parents that do not set healthy boundries or consistantly discipline their children (in whichever method they choose).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting