Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2012, 10:32 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,976,657 times

Advertisements

Are chills, a sore throat, a possible fever and nausea/stomach issues worthy of calling out if it is about 10:30am and I won't leave work till 7pm???

Edit: To be more clear I am at work now, till 7pm and have been here till 7am and have already made a few mad dashes to the bathroom.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:50 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
How easy will it be for your boss to get a replacement, txt? Have you called in sick or left early previously on that job?

Only you can decide how sick you are but if this causes problems for your boss he's not going to be happy. (Does he know you just took a little vacation? Any chance he'll think this is you needing to sleep it off?) Keep in mind that you are new on the job. If your boss can't count on you when he needs you to be there, he'll give your hours to someone else.

When's your lunch? Eat a good lunch and take some aspirin and keep hydrated. If you do decide to leave, know that there may be consequences. That's the way these things work.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
How easy will it be for your boss to get a replacement, txt? Have you called in sick or left early previously on that job?

Only you can decide how sick you are but if this causes problems for your boss he's not going to be happy. (Does he know you just took a little vacation? Any chance he'll think this is you needing to sleep it off?) Keep in mind that you are new on the job. If your boss can't count on you when he needs you to be there, he'll give your hours to someone else.

When's your lunch? Eat a good lunch and take some aspirin and keep hydrated. If you do decide to leave, know that there may be consequences. That's the way these things work.
We slept a lot on our trip, no way its needing to sleep it off and no she doesn't know. I haven't left early, I haven't called out, nothing.
And I don't have a lunch today, well ramen and a small cup of easy mac.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:07 AM

How easy will it be for you boss to get someone in? Are you still on probation? How will this look on your 3 month review? How much do you really want this job? How sick are you?

Think about those things then decide.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:12 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Are chills, a sore throat, a possible fever and nausea/stomach issues worthy of calling out if it is about 10:30am and I won't leave work till 7pm???

Edit: To be more clear I am at work now, till 7pm and have been here till 7am and have already made a few mad dashes to the bathroom.
If you are in your first 90 days, I wouldn't recommend it. Do everything you can to stay there. Use hand sanitizer and Lysol to keep disinfecting everything. If you want to keep this job and move out of your Mom's house, I recommend you find a way to stay.

You also need a much healthier lunch than the one you have.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post

I really do hope you're feeling better. (I also hope you had a better lunch then what you had planned.)

What was the decision? Are you still at work?

Old 01-21-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I really do hope you're feeling better. (I also hope you had a better lunch then what you had planned.)

What was the decision? Are you still at work?
Well I had to call my site supervisor for another issue and she never answered so I probably won't hear back from her today so its pointless to even try.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:23 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times
I have a face mask on! 3 more minutes till I can wash it off.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:31 PM

Can you all do me a favor?
Can we not attack me any time I state my opinion?
Seriously, it's a forum, people come here for advice and opinions and that's what we give them is advice and opinions based on how we think the situation could be handled or past experiences with it.

Yet every time I state my opinion or give a past experience to relate to the issue I get accused of talking about myself and that's not the case.
I can't talk in ANY thread without someone bringing something about me up and I am the kind of person who has to respond and defend myself, if I don't like something someone says then I don't just sit there and take it, i'll defend myself.

So lets knock it off. I state my opinion on situations and if need be I state past experiences so that people can see how different perspectives and and scenarios worked out and maybe how the other party MIGHT feel about the situation.

I'm getting pret-ty pret-ty ticked with this lately.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:34 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times
Face mask off. Skin is super soft. Highly recommend to anyone with dry skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting