Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2012, 03:38 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Can you all do me a favor?
Can we not attack me any time I state my opinion?
Seriously, it's a forum, people come here for advice and opinions and that's what we give them is advice and opinions based on how we think the situation could be handled or past experiences with it.

Yet every time I state my opinion or give a past experience to relate to the issue I get accused of talking about myself and that's not the case.
I can't talk in ANY thread without someone bringing something about me up and I am the kind of person who has to respond and defend myself, if I don't like something someone says then I don't just sit there and take it, i'll defend myself.

So lets knock it off. I state my opinion on situations and if need be I state past experiences so that people can see how different perspectives and and scenarios worked out and maybe how the other party MIGHT feel about the situation.

I'm getting pret-ty pret-ty ticked with this lately.
That's not what it is txt. At all. Seriously, you should hear yourself. What difference does it make to this one poster that your one friend had a bad reaction to depo? It's off topic, and irrelevant. You don't get to tell me to knock it off. This is a PARENTING forum. when you have PARENTING experience that is on topic, we'd all love to hear it. What type of BC your friend is on, in a thread about sex ed? Not so much.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Face mask off. Skin is super soft. Highly recommend to anyone with dry skin.
Years ago I used something that you painted on and it tightened up your pores. Thirty minutes later it peeled off like dried white glue. Gosh I loved it. Dirt cheap too. They quit making it. Had I known I'd have bought cases of the stuff.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:57 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Can you all do me a favor?
Can we not attack me any time I state my opinion?
Seriously, it's a forum, people come here for advice and opinions and that's what we give them is advice and opinions based on how we think the situation could be handled or past experiences with it.

Yet every time I state my opinion or give a past experience to relate to the issue I get accused of talking about myself and that's not the case.
I can't talk in ANY thread without someone bringing something about me up and I am the kind of person who has to respond and defend myself, if I don't like something someone says then I don't just sit there and take it, i'll defend myself.

So lets knock it off. I state my opinion on situations and if need be I state past experiences so that people can see how different perspectives and and scenarios worked out and maybe how the other party MIGHT feel about the situation.

I'm getting pret-ty pret-ty ticked with this lately.
Nobody brings you up more than you do yourself Txt. Please feel free to knock that off. Pretty please, m'kay?

Old 01-21-2012, 04:02 PM

Seriously... You just did it again. you give your personal daily schedule without ever actually saying if you agree with the OP or not. Are kids over scheduled these days, or not? Do you have an opinion to add, or is it just an excuse to interject more personal info into the conversation?

Old 01-21-2012, 04:04 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,976,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
That's not what it is txt. At all. Seriously, you should hear yourself. What difference does it make to this one poster that your one friend had a bad reaction to depo? It's off topic, and irrelevant. You don't get to tell me to knock it off. This is a PARENTING forum. when you have PARENTING experience that is on topic, we'd all love to hear it. What type of BC your friend is on, in a thread about sex ed? Not so much.
Yes it is.
The poster is sitting there thinking they did this great thing for the kid but it doesn't seem like it was well thought out and I am giving my advice to the OP because my friend ended up pregnant on the depo shot, so its good advice to warn the op with so the same thing doesn't happen to the kid.
Wheres the education in all that?

Oh yeah its a parenting forum alright....lets all sit around and discuss how right we are because we're older and have had a child, no lets not listen to the other side of things because as adult its our way or the high way and my house, my rules and you can get out if you don't like totalitarianism.

So what if I don't have kids, so what if I don't have parenting experienced. I can still offer a less jaded and rough approach to subjects and I can offer what "the other side" thinks and feels and I still can relate.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Seriously... You just did it again. you give your personal daily schedule without ever actually saying if you agree with the OP or not. Are kids over scheduled these days, or not? Do you have an opinion to add, or is it just an excuse to interject more personal info into the conversation?
I didn't know I needed to type slowly.....
I would think by showing how busy I was all in middle and high school that I agree that kids are over scheduled.

I give examples to prove my points. I even said that kids back then were in by dark and eating dinner and going to bed and getting ready for the next day of work.

I'll be sure to state the obvious from here on out.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:09 PM

And look at GolfGal, she never stated how she felt in her post next to mine....
She just talked about how it was identical to her kids schedule.....how dare she make it all about her kids...shun her too...

Old 01-21-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Yes it is.
The poster is sitting there thinking they did this great thing for the kid but it doesn't seem like it was well thought out and I am giving my advice to the OP because my friend ended up pregnant on the depo shot, so its good advice to warn the op with so the same thing doesn't happen to the kid.
Wheres the education in all that?

Oh yeah its a parenting forum alright....lets all sit around and discuss how right we are because we're older and have had a child, no lets not listen to the other side of things because as adult its our way or the high way and my house, my rules and you can get out if you don't like totalitarianism.

So what if I don't have kids, so what if I don't have parenting experienced. I can still offer a less jaded and rough approach to subjects and I can offer what "the other side" thinks and feels and I still can relate.
The POINT of that post was that this person's niece came to her, not her mom, and she took her to the doctor and got her BC. THE KIND OF BC IS 100% IRRELEVANT! It does not matter 1 single little tiny bit. Depo is MORE effective that the pill, no matter what you think. this aunt made it approximately 99 times less likely that this girl will get pregnant. I'd say she did her a favor.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:53 PM

unf unf unf unf YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

So this ex-employee came in today demanding her stuff and getting all crazy with me in front of some other employees today and one of the employees today came up to me just now and was like girl, you handled that so professionally, you did so good. She's going to talk with my boss on Monday about how professional and great I was with calming the lady down.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:56 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times
Quote:
The POINT of that post was that this person's niece came to her, not her mom, and she took her to the doctor and got her BC. THE KIND OF BC IS 100% IRRELEVANT! It does not matter 1 single little tiny bit. Depo is MORE effective that the pill, no matter what you think. this aunt made it approximately 99 times less likely that this girl will get pregnant. I'd say she did her a favor.
I also feel like a lot of the Depo failures result from girls not getting their shots on schedule and missing shots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting