Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 03:26 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Everyone please help:

Is this "laundry" stuff you speak of supposed to be put away the same week it's washed? Or am I not supposed to stack it in the laundry room and just go in there when I need something clean?
Did you know that in some languages "laundry room" translates to "walk-in closet?"

Old 01-22-2012, 03:32 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,976,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
*removes my mac air and iPad from your desk*
Leave the apple products there. LOL

Old 01-22-2012, 03:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Did you know that in some languages "laundry room" translates to "walk-in closet?"
Thank you. Learning that is a great comfort to me.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:34 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Everyone please help:

Is this "laundry" stuff you speak of supposed to be put away the same week it's washed? Or am I not supposed to stack it in the laundry room and just go in there when I need something clean?
Isn't that what you are supposed to do? I don't sort laundry the way most people do. Mine are washed according to who wears them. That way, when a load it done that "pile" belongs to a specific person. Much easier to wade through later. Some day, I may get fancy and get each of us baskets.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:24 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,427,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Isn't that what you are supposed to do? I don't sort laundry the way most people do. Mine are washed according to who wears them. That way, when a load it done that "pile" belongs to a specific person. Much easier to wade through later. Some day, I may get fancy and get each of us baskets.
That is exactly what I have for us. We each have our own two colors. One for dirty and one for clean... and I am ashamed to admit that the clean pile sometimes doesn't get hung or folded for a few days

I used to be so on top of it all, but with kid now in sports, college for both my husband and I, both of us working full-time jobs, well...it just doesn't work out that way anymore. I can't wait for the little guy to get a bit older so I can finally hand of the task of the laundry chores over to him. I figure as soon as he can stand on a stool and see the "fill" line on the washing machine, I am golden

Old 01-22-2012, 05:17 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times
Folding? Hanging? What?

I iron my clothes with a hair straightener

Old 01-22-2012, 05:22 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Folding? Hanging? What?

I iron my clothes with a hair straightener
Ironing? What is that?

But totally extra points for creativity, ohio! Reminds me of when my ironing board also functioned as my kitchen table...(literally - it was an exciting day when I actually had a table and chairs!)

Old 01-22-2012, 05:28 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times
Quote:

Old 01-22-2012, 05:33 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,976,657 times
I do all my own laundry. I have since I was 13.
I just let it build up over 2ish weeks and then wash them all at once.
I have enough underwear to last 2 weeks or more and I don't wash my jeans after one wear. That's the benefit of wearing a uniform 40 hours a week and then pjs the rest of the time, my jeans get actual wear maybe a few hours per week.

I do agree the crappiest part is folding them and putting them away which I haven't managed to do in awhile, they stay in the basket till I am done with everything in the basket and then I start a dirty clothes pile on the floor and once the basket is empty I put the dirty clothes in there.

Works for me. Once I move I will have a HUGE closet and won't have the no space issue that I have now.

That room at the friends house is like a dream room for me, I hope it all works out. I hope TG also stays, there is no one I would rather share all that with more than him. Get myself a flat screen for the wall, it would be perfect. I already have it all set up in my head how I would do the room too.

Anyways, I am rambling, I am trying to stay awake at work today and I feel like crap tonight too.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:37 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times
Quote:
Ironing? What is that?

But totally extra points for creativity, ohio! Reminds me of when my ironing board also functioned as my kitchen table...(literally - it was an exciting day when I actually had a table and chairs!)
haha I'm guilty of that. I like to think of it as the "buffet".

In other news I am watching law and order and it's about lesbians and they are at Lesbian bar called "kitty corner" which is based on the actual bar that is around the corner from my place called "cubby hole"

I went to look at puppies at the puppy store today. I saw one I really liked. Too bad I have to wait till July. He was so cute!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting