Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2011, 02:17 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I'm taking this time to move out and live life differently than I have been. Once I'm out on my own and making it.
by "live life differently" what are you saying?

Old 11-26-2011, 02:22 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,965,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
" Life is what happens to you
While you're busy making other plans"

John Lennon
When DS asked me what I song I wanted to dance with him at his wedding, I didn't even have to think. THIS!

Old 11-26-2011, 02:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Once I'm out on my own and making it.
This is such a perfect illustration of what John meant. I suspect you have to be a Lennon fan to get it.

(Love it Mattie. )

Old 11-27-2011, 02:30 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
by "live life differently" what are you saying?
I'm not a child, I don't get to live like a full adult at my moms house.
I'm going to live how I please, if I want TG over to sleep at my place he can, if I want friends over they can, my place my rules, don't like it, well too bad its my place.

Right now I live like a teenager, thats done and so over with once I move out.
I would be living a totally different life style if I had my own place.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:36 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,727,362 times
Quote:
I'm not a child, I don't get to live like a full adult at my moms house.
I'm going to live how I please, if I want TG over to sleep at my place he can, if I want friends over they can, my place my rules, don't like it, well too bad its my place.

Right now I live like a teenager, thats done and so over with once I move out.
I would be living a totally different life style if I had my own place.
Isn't that what kills you about your mother? ...."My place, my rules"? You have been so fortunate, to be able to live under someone else's roof.... to be able to "live like a teenager", past the age of 21. Do you understand that? You have "been allowed", to "mature" slowly, with someone holding that safety net underneath you.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:58 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Isn't that what kills you about your mother? ...."My place, my rules"? You have been so fortunate, to be able to live under someone else's roof.... to be able to "live like a teenager", past the age of 21. Do you understand that? You have "been allowed", to "mature" slowly, with someone holding that safety net underneath you.
Are you on drugs?
I've been forced against my will to live like a teenager. I don't want it! I want to live like a 22 year old woman. There is nothing fun about living a teenage life into your early 20's.
I don't kniw how the hell you think that's enjoyable.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
I've been forced against my will to live like a teenager.
Wait. Someone's been holding you captive and forcing you to live like a teenager? Horrors. I'd call the authorities.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:10 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Txt - you have not been forced against your will. No one has held a gun to your head and told you you are not allowed to further your education and that you cannot get a job, drive a car or move out. You are still living like a teenager due to the choices YOU have made. You were on here years ago, complaining because your mom had a rule that you needed to be either working or in college. You didn't think that was fair. If you would have followed her rules to begin with, you'd most likely have at least completed an Associates Degree by now; you might have stuck with a job long enough to be promoted and be earning enough money to have moved out. You've spent your "extra" money on things like expensive cell phones, a bellybutton piercing and a nose stud. You chose to make those things priorities in your life. You.

When I asked what you meant by "living life differently" I asked that because my original thought when you answered that was that perhaps you meant that you wanted to start fresh and take responsibility for your actions - to lead a healthier life both mentally and physically. That maybe you wanted to move forward in seeking help for your depression or anxiety - by looking into what is available for lower income/no health insurance situations; to take responsibility by eating healthier and mentally preparing yourself to succeed. Then I thought, "no, I'll bet she just means to whine more about her mom". But, I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, so I asked. I wish I could say your answer surprised me.

You want to stop living like a teenager, then start behaving like an adult. By that I don't mean coming here and telling us about your sex life or the fact that you can buy a drink if you'd like....Adults understand the concept of delayed gratification. We choose to delay some of our "wants" to take care of our needs. We understand that by making difficult choices now, we open up our opportunities down the road. We try to plan for the future, even if it entails short term discomfort or sacrifice. We understand that our choices are our responsiblity - and that hopefully, they result in success that we can also "own"...but it's up to us to get there.

Last edited by maciesmom; 11-27-2011 at 03:23 PM..

Old 11-27-2011, 03:23 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Are you on drugs?
I've been forced against my will to live like a teenager. I don't want it! I want to live like a 22 year old woman. There is nothing fun about living a teenage life into your early 20's.
OK, you've officially crossed the line from ungrateful to delusional! If it were THAT bad, you'd find the cheapest crappiest tiniest apartment to rent and be done with it. Or, you would have gotten your ass in gear YEARS ago so that you'd be making more money now. "My house, my rules" is how I was raised, and that's how it will be if my 20-something kids want to live in my house rent free, too. you are lucky your mom hasn't put your stuff in the driveway and changed the locks.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:54 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,727,362 times
Quote:
Are you on drugs?
Oh yes, YES, I AM on drugs! It's called R-E-A-L-I-T-Y-prophen!! Clearly, we're ALL on the same drug here. You might want to pick yourself up a prescription and join us! At least this post gave me a chuckle. LMFAO! Forced...against your WILL???? to live like a teenager??? Are you friggin' kidding me!? If you wanted to live like a 22 year old woman, instead of like a teenager, you would have followed your mother's advice, delayed your ridiculous, childish gratifications and had a place of your own. You and only YOU have made the choices and decisions which have kept you a prisoner of your own making! You've blown it, every single time, because no one can tell you anything you don't want to hear or expect anything of you that YOU don't think is fair.

What a waste of time, trying to help you. Like others have said, all you want is to whine. You want some magic delusional crap to take back to your mom, so you can say, "See Mom, other mom's agree with me! You're the one who's screwed up." Well she's not txt. You're the one who's screwed up. Your poor mother. She's far, far too kind. I would never allow my children to treat me the way you treat her. I do have an adult child living here, you bet I do and that girl treats everyone in this house with respect and she IS a responsible adult, one who pays her way and works just as hard around this place as every other adult. She hasn't acted like damn teenager since she was 12 years old. Thank God!

I think the question we all want answered here? Are YOU on drugs? ARE you? ....or are you just naturally, really.....that screwed up?

Last edited by beachmel; 11-27-2011 at 04:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting