Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 10:44 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,189,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
What's wrong with being a little hyper from time to time?
I had an energy drink, its common to be hyper afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel
Caffeine? Energy drinks? Other drugs?...like pain killers? All of these can cause serious heart palpitations, which are easily, and extremely often, mistaken for anxiety or panic attacks.

Originally Posted by Txtqueen
I don't drink energy drinks, they taste gross.
I drink pepsi when I have it and for the most part I drink a lot of gatorade.
Regarding postings about anxiety, caffeine and panic attacks.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:52 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,981,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Regarding postings about anxiety, caffeine and panic attacks.
In order to stay awake, today I got two 5-hour enegry's.
Its RARE, if even often, this is maybe the second time in a year I have used these and they taste just as gross as they did before but I can't fall asleep at work so its necessary.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:21 AM

As FR pointed out, you do have anxiety issues. You blew that comment off by saying that the energy drink has made you hyper, not anxious. I brought up a post from a ways back when you were talking about your anxiety and possible panic attack and beachmel tried to point out that caffeine can cause panic attacks. Another poster at that time advised the importance of getting adequate rest.

My point is this: You continually (for YEARS!) ask for advice and help, we give and give and give and you NEVER listen! You drunk posted the other day and people took time out of their lives to offer support and more advice and you completely ignored them.

It's beyond frustrating.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:25 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,981,496 times
Quote:
As FR pointed out, you do have anxiety issues. You blew that comment off by saying that the energy drink has made you hyper, not anxious. I brought up a post from a ways back when you were talking about your anxiety and possible panic attack and beachmel tried to point out that caffeine can cause panic attacks. Another poster at that time advised the importance of getting adequate rest.

My point is this: You continually (for YEARS!) ask for advice and help, we give and give and give and you NEVER listen! You drunk posted the other day and people took time out of their lives to offer support and more advice and you completely ignored them.

It's beyond frustrating.
For the mosrt part and this means weeks on end I usually go to bed a decent amount of time before I have to get up, last night was an anomaly with me not getting enough sleep as is today and the 5 hours energy, I am however balancing them out with some grape powerade.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:26 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,908,267 times
Quote:
You drunk posted the other day and people took time out of their lives to offer support and more advice and you completely ignored them.

It's beyond frustrating.
Yes, this.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
For the mosrt part and this means weeks on end I usually go to bed a decent amount of time before I have to get up, last night was an anomaly with me not getting enough sleep as is today and the 5 hours energy, I am however balancing them out with some grape powerade.
Thanks for ignoring the main point of my post and focusing on all the dumb details that don't mean ****.

Good luck with your life.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:15 PM

We all fail at parenting.

Study Finds Every Style Of Parenting Produces Disturbed, Miserable Adults | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 12-17-2011, 12:31 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,736,503 times
Sooooooo ...... does that study mean that we parents fail?...or that some kids, regardless of WHAT style of parenting is used....fail? That's the thing about individuals, you know...you can lay down rules, enforce them...or not, because ultimately, it's a human being's choice as to how they're going to live their life and whether or not they're going to be happy.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,227,729 times
So if I'm profoundly miserable is there someone I get to sue?

Rats. I just realised I'm not profoundly miserable.

There goes the new Porsche.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:55 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,212,379 times
Quote:
Do you not get sarcasm?
I didn't get much sleep last night, im not anxious im hyper.
Quote:
What's wrong with being a little hyper from time to time?
I had an energy drink, its common to be hyper afterwards.
Heloooooooooo???? Are you not aware of the link between caffeine and anxiety? And the link between anxiety and depression? For as well as I can diagnose over the interwebs, I'd say you are having a manic episode induced by caffeine.

It would make us all so happy if your next post is to inform us that you've found a therapist and made an appointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting