Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 12:07 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,186,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
So I have a huge scheduling conflict with Wal-Mart and my security job the next three days.
Security takes priority, should I just tell Wal-Mart here's my two week's? I don't want to get fired but they were not very cooperative when I started my security job,
You're going to do whatever it is you want to do no matter what anyone here tells you so why even ask for advice?

Old 12-14-2011, 12:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
You're going to do whatever it is you want to do no matter what anyone here tells you so why even ask for advice?
This.

Just yesterday you told us about you and all your great friends and TG (who you keep telling us is smart) sitting around talking and having drinks.... ask them. Seriously. Ask your peer group.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:37 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
So I have a huge scheduling conflict with Wal-Mart and my security job the next three days.
Security takes priority, should I just tell Wal-Mart here's my two week's? I don't want to get fired but they were not very cooperative when I started my security job,
How long have you known? Can you call around and get someone to cover for you?

Old 12-14-2011, 12:42 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,976,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
How long have you known? Can you call around and get someone to cover for you?
I've been trying to get this taken care of but no one has been listening.
And my manager took me off the schedule last week, like unassigned me yet when I came in that Thursday after being at my security job every one was like why did you call in sick? I was like I didn't call in sick. So it was put down as I called in sick....

I'm very disappointed in this company right now.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:44 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
And my manager took me off the schedule last week, like unassigned me yet when I came in that Thursday after being at my security job every one was like why did you call in sick? I was like I didn't call in sick. So it was put down as I called in sick....

That's not what I asked. Have you called you co-workers to find someone to cover your shift, or have you just told the manager you can't work? There is a difference.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:

If you quit your job at Walmart, will you still be able to afford to move out?

Old 12-14-2011, 12:57 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,976,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
If you quit your job at Walmart, will you still be able to afford to move out?
I've been thinking about it, it would put a little strain but I would still be able to manage it.
But when I look at my budget, the amount of money I would make at Wal-Mart would all go to gas, since I would be driving A LOT for work.
I've been contemplating dropping Wal-Mart anyways and picking up something in town in lieu of Wal-Mart so that way my commute is not so draining on my budget.
My security job is only about 10 minutes from where I live and Wal-Mart is 30, if I am lucky.

But I could find something here within minutes from my house that would let me work around my security schedule and save me time, money and gas.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:01 PM

Can you find an apt with cheaper rent, or a roommate? To be honest, the amount that you are planning to spend seems high for one person on your salary even with your Walmart job. Ideally only 1/3 of your income should go towards rent.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Are you disappointed in Walmart? Sorry, but why? They don't owe you anything. You are the one who decided to get a second job and make IT the priority.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Are you disappointed in Walmart? Sorry, but why? They don't owe you anything. You are the one who decided to get a second job and make IT the priority.
Very true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting