Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2011, 07:57 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
just because I work the weekends doesn't mean I have to stop having fun on my days off since my days off aren't the weekends.
So what do you do for fun? What do you and your friends do when you get together? What's your idea of "having fun"?

Old 12-13-2011, 08:02 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
Plus I am too young to stop going out on the week days.
I am 22, I do not have kids, I am not married, now is not the time to "settle down".
Now when the time comes, you know like getting pregnant *doesn't knock but punches on wood*, getting married *crosses fingers*, then I won't fight it but if I have no reason to settle down then why should I? I don't do anything just for the sake of doing it.
I get it. I was just relaying my own memory.

I was not married and did not have kids either when I realized working at 7:30 am sucks after a night of drinking. It just wasn't worth it anymore. It wasn't just for the sake of doing it.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:03 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,976,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So what do you do for fun? What do you and your friends do when you get together? What's your idea of "having fun"?
Well sometimes we go out to dinner but I'm broke and I get off really late tonight so that is out of the question.

Usually we all go over to one persons apt and we BYOB and have a few drinks and just sit around and either play a game or something but we all usually just end up talking and having the funniest conversations and cracking jokes.

(I was going to type Bring Our Own Beer and was going to put it acronym style but realised it spelled BOOB.)

Or I like to go over to TG's and we'll play video games and drink and we'll race each other and the loser has to take off an article of clothing.

I don't really feel like drinking tonight maybe one or two drinks (I have mikes hard raspberry margaritas sitting in my trunk, I hope they don't freeze and break) but I just want to be around a lot of people and laughing and just having fun. I like big groups of people, its nice to be around everyone.

TG and I play disc golf but tonight its too late for that.
I just really want to hang out with a lot of people tonight.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I get it. I was just relaying my own memory.

I was not married and did not have kids either when I realized working at 7:30 am sucks after a night of drinking. It just wasn't worth it anymore. It wasn't just for the sake of doing it.
I don't drink on the nights I have to be at work at 7am.
Which is why I want to have fun tonight!!!!

Old 12-13-2011, 08:08 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
I don't drink on the nights I have to be at work at 7am.
Which is why I want to have fun tonight!!!!
By golly, our girl just might be growing up!

Old 12-13-2011, 08:09 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
hhhhmmmmm... it could be construed as "settling down" or "growing up"...

Old 12-13-2011, 08:12 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
Hmmmmmmmm....good point. Either way, it looks like there just might be some shred of hope.

We can't jump to conclusions too quickly. We'll have to keep our eye on future developments.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I've never drank on nights I've had to be to work early and I get cranky when I don't sleep and I go to bed earlier on nights I work early. I go to bed about 9-10 on the nights I have to be to work at 7am. Its always been like that, I always adjust accordingly to my schedules, just before I have worked nights or later in the afternoon.

Quote:
Maybe settling INTO a new job but not settling down. My glory days are not over yet. I still haven't officially been on "spring break" as sad as that is, ONE DAY I plan on boarding a plane to somewhere that sounds like an alcoholic drink and spending a whole week in a bikini. I also never had jello shots, that's also a must before I "settle down".

Quote:
Hmmmmmmmm....good point. Either way, it looks like there just might be some shred of hope.

We can't jump to conclusions too quickly. We'll have to keep our eye on future developments.
Last paycheck I paid bills and bought $106 in groceries and stored them at my friend apartment (so my bottomless pit of a brother doesn't inhale it all) and I have made dinner over there a few times for me and my friend and one or two people.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:07 PM

Did I tell you guys I am getting a one bedroom apt as soon as I save up some money?
And I am debating keeping my car insurance at the state minimum (it canceled and I could only pay the state min price to get it restarted). Its $60 vs $130 but I don't know if I feel comforatable doing that.
I also am going to go on my own cell phone plan and use my 19% discount on it.

Right there it'll cut my cost a lot.

But with my two jobs, working 40 hours with my security job and 8 with walmart I can afford a one bedroom at $795 with $100 for utilities.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:42 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
The Cranberries are people's early adolescence tunes? Oh boy.

I'm joining you over there at the Senior Center, Zim. Let me just go get my stick.

Aww, Julia, 16? What a milestone, mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting