Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 02:51 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,172 times

Advertisements

There is a recent thread on AG's Facebook page for people to submit their questions to the doll designers.

A number of people are wishing for dolls with specifics, such as
- epi-pen
- asthma inhalator
- albino doll
- Down's syndrome doll
- Girl Scout doll (to celebrate next year 100 GS anniversary)
- dark red hair instead of strawberry blonde
- Tourette's syndrome doll
- self-esteem issues
- teeth design other than the "two obvious front teeth"
- food allergies
- differing body shapes/sizes

Are these requests overkill?
Or would you love to see AG expand their doll line to include anything and everything? Where to draw the line?

(I do strongly agree with the posts that chide AG for being made in China, but that's a different thread! lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 02:53 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,668,304 times
How can you make an AG doll look like she has Tourrette's???

The darker red hair would be nice -- not all of us red heads are carrot tops, lol.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:53 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Conjoined dolls?

Old 10-21-2011, 02:58 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Do you have a link to an article, or something, that indicates a request for the types of dolls you named?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Do you have a link to an article, or something, that indicates a request for the types of dolls you named?
On Facebook, search "American Girl" and the fanpage will come up. It's the 2nd-ish post down (on the Wall for the company posts only, not the page with the fans posts + company posts).

Old 10-21-2011, 03:03 PM

Just to add, off the top of my head AG already does offer certain accessories to go with any doll,
such as glasses, wheelchairs, crutches, and those whole-head orthodontic devices.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:08 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
There is a recent thread on AG's Facebook page for people to submit their questions to the doll designers.

- epi-pen
- asthma inhalator
- albino doll
- Down's syndrome doll
- self-esteem issues
- food allergies

Or would you love to see AG expand their doll line to include anything and everything? Where to draw the line?

(I do strongly agree with the posts that chide AG for being made in China, but that's a different thread! lol)
Quote:
Just to add, off the top of my head AG already does offer certain accessories to go with any doll,
such as glasses, wheelchairs, crutches, and those whole-head orthodontic devices.
I don't see why an epi-pen or an inhaler couldn't be available accessories. I don't see how they'd make a special doll for something like tourette's or food allergies. You can't "see" those things.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I don't see how they'd make a special doll for something like tourette's or food allergies. You can't "see" those things.
I guess they mean as part of the doll's "back story."

Old 10-21-2011, 03:21 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:

- epi-pen
- asthma inhalator
- albino doll
- Down's syndrome doll
- self-esteem issues
- food allergies

It is a corporation, the "line" is drawn in such a way as to make products that are cost effective and make a profit.

Many of the things above would not be able to be "designed" into a doll (i.e. food allergies, tourettes, etc) and others do not need to redesign a doll but rather accesories (i.e and epipen, an inhaler, or a girl scout outfit).

The only actual "designs" are the albino, hair color and teeth issues. It is not likely feasible to make fat and skinny dolls since you would then need to redesign all of the clothes. Heads are fairly easy to redesign.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:24 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,194,312 times
Quote:
I guess they mean as part of the doll's "back story."
They have already included a number of "friends" of the main character who have small, but interesting, sidebar stories. They could easily include epi-pens, inhalers, or psychobehavioral sidebars for a modern character. Not so much Addy or Felicity, obviously...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting