Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 09:19 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times

Advertisements

I really think they appear to be a very well oriented family and the kids are happy. However, at a certain point, it begins to appear that mom has to keep having babies in order to keep a reality program going. These younger kids will be teens when she is quite a bit older and that is tough....especially with so many of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 09:25 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,176,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Wow. What an incredibly selfish couple. All for the media attention and cash it will bring I suppose.

And for those who think they "pay their own way" , sorry but there is no way in hell they paid for Josie's NICU care on their own. Unless Mr Dugger is secretly Bill Gates.

She's a taxpayer-subsidized baby through and through and most likely will be for the rest of her life.

And now...the parents selfishly want to do this yet again???
They have insurance and if you read back I stated Michelle had the same complications with Jana and John David as she did with Josie but then went on to have many normal pregnancies and births. There is absolutely nothing to say this baby will not be perfectly fine.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I thought I read they were part of some extreme fundamentalist group who is trying to populate the Earth with "their kind."

It is crazy that they had (and are having) so many kids.

They are not apart of any such group. The are conservative baptist.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:32 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
It's called "Quiverfull" . . .

Quiverfull - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-08-2011, 09:32 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I really think they appear to be a very well oriented family and the kids are happy. However, at a certain point, it begins to appear that mom has to keep having babies in order to keep a reality program going. These younger kids will be teens when she is quite a bit older and that is tough....especially with so many of them.
I really doubt that.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
It's called "Quiverfull" . . .

Quiverfull - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are not apart of that group/movement whatever you want to call it. People and articles have tried to make them apart of it but they are not. They are conservative baptist, that's it.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:09 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
I have a feeling this baby will be their last. Jim Bob and Michelle are at the age now where it becomes extremely difficult even with help to become pregnant and have a normal pregnancy.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:43 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
I wonder what their tax returns look like. 1000 bucks per child under 18..

Old 11-09-2011, 06:44 AM

17,388 posts, read 16,524,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
They have insurance and if you read back I stated Michelle had the same complications with Jana and John David as she did with Josie but then went on to have many normal pregnancies and births. There is absolutely nothing to say this baby will not be perfectly fine.
Best wishes to your cousins-in-law!

I watch their show on occasion and can not even imagine having that many kids (20!), myself. But the Duggars seem to be uniquely suited to this type of lifestyle and their kids seem to be happy and well adjusted people. So, good for them.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:04 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,373,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
That's not true. In fact, most churches these days don't even have the bells. That was done to signify the change.
Umm, yes, Catholics believe that a miracle happens each time and the wine and bread is converted into the body and blood of christ... not "symbolism". Every church I've ever been to has bells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawl_rawr View Post
I guess one of my biggest concerns is that heaven forbid something happens to the child and mother. An older mom has more risks involved then a mother typically in her 20's. I have no doubt their family would still thrive if God forbid something happen to the mother but I have to wonder if they've really understood how much of a risk she's taking and at what point is it still worth it for her health.
there's a risk with every child... how many of us regret the risk we took? Can you honestly look at any of those 19 children and state which wasn't worthy of life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMdotCOM2011 View Post
I dunno, in a world so overpopulated, if you love kids that much, why not adopt? They don't live in a vacuum, their decisions affect society around them....the resources used to support so many progeny....
I find this argument of overpopulation and being "responsible" for the benefit of society laughable. So responsible, educated, intelligent, financially stable people should cease to reproduce in order to raise the offspring of the ignorant and irresponsible, often without proper prenatal care and at an extreme disadvantage? Yes, that will be great for society. I am all for adopting and helping those in need, but certainly not at the expense of a good gene pool. Political correctness is not more important than survival of the fittest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting