Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 09:43 AM

563 posts, read 1,499,347 times

Advertisements

Michelle & Jim Bob Duggar Expecting 20th Child - Yahoo! TV

Quote:
"We are so excited," the Duggar mother, 45, who is three-and-a-half months along...
Quote:
The couple's most recent child, Josie, born on Dec. 10, 2009, is doing well after being born premature at just 25 weeks.
Quote:
In addition to their youngest daughter Josie, the couple is also parents to Joshua, 23 (who has two children, Mackynzie, 2 and Michael, 4 months, with wife Anna, 23), twins Jana and John-David, 21; Jill, 20; Jessa, 19; Jinger, 17; Joseph, 16; Josiah, 15; Joy-Anna, 14; twins Jedidiah and Jeremiah, 12; Jason, 11; James, 10; Justin, 8; Jackson, 7; Johanna, 6; Jennifer, 4; and Jordyn, 3.
20 kids over a period of about 24 years. I can not imagine being pregnant most of that time!!! It's crazy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,374,018 times
They seem like a great family, I hope the pregnancy is uncomplicated this time. It works for them and the kids all seem very happy. I can't even begin to imagine, thought, I have 4 and I sometimes can barely remember their names!

Old 11-08-2011, 10:02 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
I roundly object to the name Jinger. It looks like it should rhyme with singer.

I don't see the point in the Duggars' continuing to have children when 1) they already have so many, 2) they are increasing the odds of having a child with Downs or other disability, and 3) it's very easy not to have any more babies. At this point I feel like they are gambling on their baby's health, particularly when the last one was premature. What if this one is also premature and develops cerebral palsy or other debilitating disorder--or dies?

Old 11-08-2011, 10:04 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I roundly object to the name Jinger. It looks like it should rhyme with singer.

I don't see the point in the Duggars' continuing to have children when 1) they already have so many, 2) they are increasing the odds of having a child with Downs or other disability, and 3) it's very easy not to have any more babies. At this point I feel like they are gambling on their baby's health, particularly when the last one was premature. What if this one is also premature and develops cerebral palsy or other debilitating disorder--or dies?
then it was God's will. I'm not sure what is appropriate here -

Old 11-08-2011, 10:05 AM

157 posts, read 504,915 times
There's something wrong here.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:31 AM

167 posts, read 477,248 times
How her uterus is still managing amazes me. Personally I wouldn't choose to treat my va-jay-jay like a Pez dispenser but to each their own. I know they are very religious but if I was her I'd be praying for menopause to start.

While I might not agree with it I will just wish them the best and a healthy delivery for both mom and child.

I'm not sure if they are just very active and don't believe in birth control but at some point if they continue to plan on kids I'd hope they'd look into adoption.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:36 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawl_rawr View Post
How her uterus is still managing amazes me. Personally I wouldn't choose to treat my va-jay-jay like a Pez dispenser but to each their own. I know they are very religious but if I was her I'd be praying for menopause to start.

While I might not agree with it I will just wish them the best and a healthy delivery for both mom and child.

I'm not sure if they are just very active and don't believe in birth control but at some point if they continue to plan on kids I'd hope they'd look into adoption.
That is it, basically. They "leave it up to God" meaning no birth control ever.

Way back when they were first married, Michelle got pregnant, but miscarried. The miscarriage was blamed on having been on the pill (true or not, I don't know. supposedly the doc was a Christian fundie too). After that they decided no BC. And boy have they stuck to it.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:06 AM

167 posts, read 477,248 times
I can't imagine a miscarriage because I've never been through the pain of one and I'd never dream of belittling someone's pain when I say this but I can't help but think there are so many different factors that could possibly be involved besides just birth control. It's just one of those things that will never be fully known until they meet whatever maker they believe in.

There are plenty of other women in this world who aren't on birth control of any sort and are physically capable yet don't strive for this big of a family. I am one of them and Lord knows my two are enough for me.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:20 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,240,291 times
I think they are 1 of the most beautiful, well functioning families around, but I worry about what this is doing to moms health. If something happens to her, thats a lot of motherless kids. Of course in this family, all the other kids would take care of the others in their own loving style. I dont agree with what they're doing, but I'd never slam them. I dont know of any family that seems that well adusted, the love really flows in their home.

( Pez dispenser, lmbo )

Old 11-08-2011, 11:25 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
I'll be bluntly honest here....
I hate they use the whole "gods will" excuse...
With how much they obviously have sex, she's going to get pregnant, unless there are fertility issues going on, she's GOING to get pregnant. Its not "gods will" its them getting it on and basic math and science happening. Sex + sperm = pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting