Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:29 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Ha Ha Ha! Perfect description!!!
I like to lovingly describe is as the type of pain where they could wheel around the hospital naked, hanging upside down from an IV pole by your big toe and while normally that would be mortifying, you are too occupied with screeching at everyone you see to help remove the obviously barb-tentacled alien child from your body. Yep, that about describes it.
LOL! Totally! Before I gave birth I would have died if anyone had seen me without eyeliner. But once I was heavily into labor, I tell you, it could have been the janitor looking in there for all I cared, as long as I wound up with the baby outside rather than in.

It IS beautiful emotionally, I mean realizing that your baby is here, hearing his first sounds and seeing him for the very first time; "meeting" him. He looks up at you with that squinty you-just-woke-me-up first-time look as if to say, "Oh. It's you." That's where the beautiful part comes in, IMO.

But that stuff before? Dramatic and life-changing, but beauty didn't enter into it. Definitely not from where my husband was standing, anyway!!

Old 09-14-2007, 05:16 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,785 times
So true! It really is amazing that one minute you are screaming your head off, thinking the world as you knew it has ended and the next you are completely mesmerized by that wrinkly, beautiful, perfect, little being. Thankfully, that mother/child connection outweighs the pain so we women actually go through it again.
Now if the OP wants to know about something really scary, I suppose we could describe the placenta. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha

Old 09-14-2007, 05:30 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Mookster, nooooo. LOL

Old 09-15-2007, 12:36 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,462,012 times
Yeah, I was in so much pain when the hospital brought a nursing class in to observe I didn't remotely care - even when one of them pointed and said, "Oh, look at you, no hemorrhoids! Lucky you!"

Old 09-15-2007, 01:30 PM

788 posts, read 2,111,118 times
Heck - the whole marching band could have come in there - who cares!!!
Just get it out!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 03:06 PM

203 posts, read 960,560 times
baby #1
  • hours of labor
  • hours of pushing
  • cut from one hole to the other
  • had a hand up my Va Jay Jay
  • Then put the vacuum in my Va jay Jay and tried to vacuum her out(her heart rates was very low...it was an emergency by then)
  • had tube inserted in to my bladder.
  • had an emergency c-section that felt like they were punching the insides out of me
  • Could not get out of bed alone for a week as I had no ab muscles!
Baby #2
  • went in to labor early, too risky for a vbac on my preemie. WONDERFUL delivery and was up walking 5 hours later with mega pain meds.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:40 AM

72 posts, read 104,169 times
Not to belittle anyone's pain here, but I feel I was fortunate to have two birthing experiences au naturale with the pain being similar in degree to a bad migraine (enough to make one nauseous), but in waves. Believe me, I was bracing myself for killer pain, the pain to end all pain-- and was it was too late to get the epidural in both cases.

The first I had in a U.S. hospital with all the amenities (sunny room with view of fountains outside, TV with DVD, stereo, state-of-the-art equipment, etc.) where my husband and I were left buzzing and buzzing for a midwife as the baby was literally about to come out. Finally one arrived after having to run around between rooms to assist others giving birth at the same time. Of course, a couple of hours afterwards, I had to take care of a crying newborn when it was still painful for me to even move, and was sent home 2 days after before healing. The second I had in Taiwan, where the doctor was actually waiting for me outside and husbands were not permitted in the delivery room. The room was very basic and and the equipment older. Psychologically, though, I felt safer in this instance knowing for sure that someone who knew what they were doing would in fact be present when the time came! Also, I was able to stay for a full week at the hospital with follow-up care for myself and the baby, was served meals and snacks and was doted on by family members. This was actually covered by national health insurance too. What a difference.

After giving birth, I completely understand what was meant by the quote: “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” There is the physical connection between mother and infant that still amazes me.

Last edited by whoIam; 09-16-2007 at 12:48 AM..

Old 09-16-2007, 08:19 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoIam View Post
Not to belittle anyone's pain here, but I feel I was fortunate to have two birthing experiences au naturale with the pain being similar in degree to a bad migraine (enough to make one nauseous), but in waves. Believe me, I was bracing myself for killer pain, the pain to end all pain-- and was it was too late to get the epidural in both cases.

The first I had in a U.S. hospital with all the amenities (sunny room with view of fountains outside, TV with DVD, stereo, state-of-the-art equipment, etc.) where my husband and I were left buzzing and buzzing for a midwife as the baby was literally about to come out. Finally one arrived after having to run around between rooms to assist others giving birth at the same time. Of course, a couple of hours afterwards, I had to take care of a crying newborn when it was still painful for me to even move, and was sent home 2 days after before healing. The second I had in Taiwan, where the doctor was actually waiting for me outside and husbands were not permitted in the delivery room. The room was very basic and and the equipment older. Psychologically, though, I felt safer in this instance knowing for sure that someone who knew what they were doing would in fact be present when the time came! Also, I was able to stay for a full week at the hospital with follow-up care for myself and the baby, was served meals and snacks and was doted on by family members. This was actually covered by national health insurance too. What a difference.

After giving birth, I completely understand what was meant by the quote: “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” There is the physical connection between mother and infant that still amazes me.

I think I hate all of you who say it didn't hurt that bad!!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 10:29 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,325,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
Forgive me, but I'm just a mere mortal male who has no idea. But I've always wanted to-- well Ill let my future wife do it. But I must know- does it hurt??
I knew u had to be a man to ask that question...no offense. I don't know if I can adequatedly put it in to words and please excuse me for being blunt, but try and imagine how it would feel if someone wearing steel toe work boots kept kicking u in your private parts until your private exploded. If u can imagine that u may have a fairly good idea of what it feels like...of course the intensity of the real thing is far greater I hope this has been helpful.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:38 PM

325 posts, read 1,077,239 times
Its not the actual giving birth that hurts.....its the darn contractions. Those suckers will kill you. The pushing wasnt so bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting