Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:20 AM

38 posts, read 47,556 times

Advertisements

My husband keeps saying: "mommy to the rescue"! in a snide way... It drives me crazy, as it is very insulting in my opinion. I don't come to the rescue of anything, I just come to see what is going on when he cannot handle the kids! or he is flat out mean to my 3 year old.

Does your husband say that to you? or makes other snide remarks? is there a way to handle that or is it lawyer time?

Thank you.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Sounds like y'all need to have a sit-down about respect.

I take it this is not your child's father, since you said, "...mean to MY 3-year-old"?

Are you rushing in to "intervene" while he is with the child? What do you mean by "mean"? Do you trust his parenting skills?

Belittling language is never OK ... to anyone. If you're already referring to a lawyer, though, you need to act fast to get this out in the open.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 01-08-2013 at 11:36 AM..

Old 01-08-2013, 11:35 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
sounds to me like he resents your interfering when he is in charge of the child. Agreeing on how to discipline or handle a child can be fraught with tension and cause arguments. Sounds like you need a counselor more than a lawyer.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
Sounds like he thinks your being undermining and over-bearing. As long as he isn't being abusive (and it's his child) then you shouldn't interfere. The relationship that he is creating with the child is the one he is going to have to deal with once that child is an adult.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:41 AM

458 posts, read 611,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morals Always View Post
My husband keeps saying: "mommy to the rescue"! in a snide way... It drives me crazy, as it is very insulting in my opinion. I don't come to the rescue of anything, I just come to see what is going on when he cannot handle the kids! or he is flat out mean to my 3 year old.

Does your husband say that to you? or makes other snide remarks? is there a way to handle that or is it lawyer time?

Thank you.
Will the lawyer treat you any better?

Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 AM

318 posts, read 506,338 times
Quote:

Thank you.
it sounds like you constantly interfere when he is parenting your child, which signals mistrust. if that is so, then i dont think "mommy to the rescue" is as bad as what you are doing. do you not like his method of parenting? (sounds like you dont) becuase that the bigger issue. you doing that in front of child teaches him that you are really the one in charge, and could cause problems in the future.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:51 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
lawyer time?
If you're thinking "lawyer" over this I'd say there are probably a ton of other problems in your marriage. (Most people don't think lawyer as their first response to what a spouse says.) You might want to think about what those are.

And remember you have a child who will be affected it it's "lawyer time".

Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
I guess it just depends on how he is saying it. It's hard to "hear" that on the internet. If your child fell down and scraped his knee and way crying, "mommy to the rescue" would be a good thing knowing that your son likes it when you kiss his boo boo's. If it's said in a snide tone meaning you think your DH can't handle doing whatever he is doing--say giving your son a bath--then I would say the issue is your issue and not your DH's.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:04 PM

452 posts, read 898,543 times
Maybe you should talk to him if he is being mean to the 3yr old but after the child is not in the same room. Tape record him when you hear something that should not be said. Maybe he does not know that he is doing it. We all have bad days where you just need to step away and sometimes we as parents do not do that when we should. You are great mother but your husband is trying to help you by the way it sounds and spend time with the children. Sit back in another room with ear buds on and do not pay attention to what is going on unless it is very destructive to your child.

I would also question is this his child also or only yours? Spend sometime on a date night with your husband and reconnect even if you cannot find a babysitter. You can always have a date night after the child goes to sleep or takes a nap.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:37 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
I have to agree with the majority. You don't seem to trust him with YOUR child...and he resents it.

It will also teach the child that he doesn't have to listen to him.

Sounds like you need to sit and actually talk about it and find a solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting