Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 06:27 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,506,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Any tips on how to handle the flight with causing the least disruption to other passengers?

I have to fly to the UK with my daughter next month, only a short flight but I'm still panicking! I flew alone with her before but she was only 13 months and was much easier to handle but now she is in the terrible twos and can be quite a nightmare at times.

Also any tips on helping her ears with the pressure changes at take off and landing? I was able to nurse last time but now she doesn't BF anymore and she doesn't have a dummy (pacifier) anymore either. I'm a bit too worried about choking to give her a hard sucky sweet or lollipop.
Bring a backpack for your child with their special blankie or stuffed animal. Pack toys that don't make noise but would be new and fun. I like those drawing pads where you lift up the film and then start again. Go to a toy store and choose some fun toys that the child might not bore of quickly. Maybe pack some age appropriate books. Bring treats like juice boxes, animal crackers, cracker and cheese, pretzels, raisens or yogurt covered raisens, granola bars etc. Make sure everything in the bag is new and never seen so the child will be excited and attracted to the new things (besides the blankie and stuffed toy).

Last edited by brokencrayola; 04-20-2013 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting