Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 11:25 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
I don't even know what an Omega is... aside from a fraternity?

I am assuming the OP is referring to the watch brand Omega. It's a high end watch manufacturer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 11:34 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,160,246 times
Many electronics and an unknown amount of jewerly have all lost their lives to the toilet.... The little guy dropped his older brother's Nintendo 3DS in the toilet most recently. Older brother had saved for months to buy it with his own money too, that was a tough lesson for all of us...

Old 06-17-2013, 11:41 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
Cristal? Omega?

Status concious much? I'm surpsrised that you didn't find a way to mention what kind of car you drive in your post.
So she buys Cristal. Big whoop.

Free advice for you as a parent: my kids had friends who came from tremendously wealthy (and famous) families. We were neither. After seeing Cristal served casually when the parents got together I learned that some people bought Cristal because Cristal is what they drink. Period. They aren't dropping names. They aren't status conscience. It's what they drink because they like it and they have a lot of money.

The other parents rented out Disneyland for birthdays. We mowed the back yard and hung streamers. They were secure. We were secure. When those parents invited us onto the Lear (because they like us) we said, "Yes". Woo-hoo. Lunch in San Francisco because our kids got along! Friends with benefits!

Life is what you make it. You can go with the flow and appreciate being invited on the Lear or you can complain that people are status conscious. And then make YOUR child aware that Dad is complaining about his friend's parents.

Is that what you want?

Old 06-17-2013, 11:51 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,952,491 times
I honestly can't think of anything "thing" but the leg and the pelvis when he got older were expensive......

Old 06-17-2013, 07:46 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
I can't think of much. Maybe that's because we don't have a ton of expensive stuff. They've "distressed" plenty of furniture, especially the coffee table. One of them spilled an entire dark beer onto a relatively new couch, but we still own it 9 years later.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:36 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,227,537 times
we've been pretty lucky so far, probably worst thing was dropping DH's pretty new Android on asphalt, cracked the glass pretty badly. He also stepped on my Dad's scanner (he had it on the floor but tucked away between a desk and bookcase) and broke it. Considering we have iPad and two laptops and DH's fancy camera and lenses around, could've been a lot worse, lol;

Old 06-17-2013, 08:38 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
Oh, one of them did kick in the glass door of a bookcase at their grandparents house.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:35 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,348,435 times
My cream colored bedroom carpet. DH bought our oldest daughter (who was 8 at the time) a "Spin Art" set - where you squirt paint onto a spinning surface to create fun "modern" art. The following scenario happented:

1. I was at work and DH was watching my oldest and her younger sister, age 2.

2. Oldest daughter got out the "Spin Art" to play with IN MY ROOM (where DH was relaxing watching TV), then went off and didn't put it away.

3. Two-year-old little sister got ahold of it and, before DH realized what she was doing, squirted multi colored paint all over the bedroom rug. I never could get the stains out.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:18 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,162,146 times
My lil girl, who was 2 at the time - broke some keys off my new laptop. It's amazing how she did it.

My 2 boys, broke lots of things(always my stuff) - I can't even get into all the things they busted!

My oldest son, who's 10 now, liked to take apart electronics to see how they "worked"...

I've learned though - not to buy expensive furniture anymore.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:06 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
Cristal? Omega?

Status concious much? I'm surpsrised that you didn't find a way to mention what kind of car you drive in your post.
What are you babbling about?
It wasn't even my watch.
I don't even own an iphone.

It was a bottle of Cristal. How did you want me to phrase it?
What a weirdo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting