Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:09 PM

7 posts, read 41,339 times

Advertisements

Hello there! I joined this forum because most of the parents seem at least a bit sensical and I need help on an issue.
A few days ago, my 13-year-old son came home from football practice and (I kid you not) said he was insecure about....um....his member. (I started laughing hysterically after this). I assured him that he doesn't have to worry about that and it will be taken care of as he grows into an adult, but he is still peeved about it. Can anyone offer advice?

Thank you,

Momoftom:-)

Old 08-28-2013, 06:15 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
yeah the best advice I can offer is to never laugh at a man, any man, regardless of his age about his penis size. I can't believe you would even think it was funny. I doubt he will ever bring up anything serious with you again. I surely wouldn't blame him. sheese.............how insensitive can a woman be.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:15 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Hahah my son is the same. Actually it's a bit of a family joke as none of his male relatives are "large".

Just tell him that lots of girls will love him just the way he is. A lot of girls don't even like a big one.

Tell him a big penis doesn't make a man.

Tell him you loved his father enough to make him (chances are hes around the same size as dad).

Be endlessly grateful he trusts you enough with this worry. Most boys would just bottle it up and brew.

Then direct him to the "micro penis" sites. Those guys have such a great attitude even in the face of certain, um, shortcomings.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
yeah the best advice I can offer is to never laugh at a man, any man, regardless of his age about his penis size. I can't believe you would even think it was funny. I doubt he will ever bring up anything serious with you again. I surely wouldn't blame him. sheese.............how insensitive can a woman be.
It was more of a throwback than anything, since my husband had the same worry when we started dating in our senior year of college. So I wasn't laughing about the size of his...um...unit.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Hahah my son is the same. Actually it's a bit of a family joke as none of his male relatives are "large".

Just tell him that lots of girls will love him just the way he is. A lot of girls don't even like a big one.

Tell him a big penis doesn't make a man.

Tell him you loved his father enough to make him (chances are hes around the same size as dad).

Be endlessly grateful he trusts you enough with this worry. Most boys would just bottle it up and brew.

Then direct him to the "micro penis" sites. Those guys have such a great attitude even in the face of certain, um, shortcomings.
Thank you, I'll be sure to tell him that tonight. :-)

Old 08-28-2013, 07:11 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
You know, I keep getting email ads about these pills that...

And they wouldn't be allowed to advertise them on the Internet if they didn't work!

Old 08-28-2013, 07:27 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoftom:-) View Post
So I wasn't laughing about the size of his...um...unit.
Your son doesn't know that.

He actually said this to you??

Old 08-28-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Your son doesn't know that.

He actually said this to you??
Yep, I couldn't make up any childrearing stories if I tried.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:03 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
I don't know........

I have five sons. We are very close and open with each other and talk about a lot of things, but I can't imagine one of them coming to me with that. At least, not at 13! I could see something possibly being said when they were younger, like maybe 7 or 8.

Hell, my youngest son turned 18 in June, and it is just he and I here now and he locks the bathroom door every time he goes in there, whether it's to shower or to do, well, you know........

What do thirteen year olds know about "size" anyway? Where would he even get the idea to compare his size to other boys? I would imagine they're all pretty shriveled in those cold locker room showers anyway. The showers are probably a great equalizer when it comes to something like that.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:05 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Well, for starters, you don't need to make him feel "more confident" about the size of his penis. I still can't believe he said this to you.

Everybody is different. This is a lesson we all should be teaching from Day 1.

Of course, middle school sucks for boys and girls. A friend of mine found out her 14-year-old was trimming his pubic hair to make his look bigger. As you can see here starting with post #6, it only gets worse for guys (or at least for guys who go to school with jerks):

why do people make fun of small male reproductive organs?

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 08-28-2013 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.