Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 08:46 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Not only is this girl being bullied at home by her own father and brothers, but she will also get bullied at school.
This video is not bullying. That word gets tossed around too much these days.

Family members including siblings and parents engage in harmless jests with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 08:58 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
This video is not bullying. That word gets tossed around too much these days.

Family members including siblings and parents engage in harmless jests with each other.
Its not harmless when the girl is crying from somewhere else in the house asking them to stop. That is teaching her two brothers that this type of behavior is okay and that their sister's feelings don't matter.

And it will definitely be bullying when her classmates see this video and start making fun of her in school.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:07 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Its not harmless when the girl is crying from somewhere else in the house asking them to stop. That is teaching her two brothers that this type of behavior is okay and that their sister's feelings don't matter.

And it will definitely be bullying when her classmates see this video and start making fun of her in school.
I agree with you that the video shouldn't have been put on YT.

However, the little girl was already in the midst of a screaming fit. Any words she would have spoken would have been screamed out. I don't think her asking her brothers to stop was said with anymore angst than anything else she said.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:47 AM

1,081 posts, read 1,647,685 times
Having raised two kids of my own, I say this is hilarious. Firstly, she is being taught that no matter how long she yells and screams, she is not going to get her way. Secondly, when it has been going on for that amount of time, she can suck it up and get over it or she is going to be subjected to ridicule. Thirdly all the kids are learning that you can have the tantrum of your life. It really doesn't do any good. These lessons will be applied to the real world.

Parents have to stop being so overly sensitive to kids and their tantrums. Kids will throw tantrums; this was an especially entertaining way to handle it. Bravo Mom & Dad.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:58 AM

95 posts, read 394,241 times
I thought the video was great! I mimic my 9 year old all the time and he ends up laughing after he figures out his fit isn't going anywhere. When he was younger I would tape him mid meltdown for a few minutes then start playing it back when he wouldn't stop. That got his attention real quick (although he always accused me of faking the video of HIM...lol). I can't help but laugh (and want to cry) when I think of him at 16 having a meltdown like he has for the last 9 years.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:53 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
If you have a daughter, just wait until the tantrums turn into hormone fueled crying/tantrum jags when puberty hits. This is the case with my 10 year old daughter, who is going through it right now. Right in the middle of Petco, over a can of catfood. I don't even know why it set her off, because we were letting her buy some for her cat. Suddenly out of nowhere, we didn't love her cat and her cat is going to die, her cat won't play with any toy she picks out for it....This is a whole new ballgame for me and the pediatrician warned me it would be

When she was younger, and having tantrums, we'd gently tease her to try and get her to smile. Most of the time it worked, but she still didn't get her way. A six year old should have outgrown them, but they still can happen. Sounds like the girl was just trying to break her parents. I wouldn't call what they did bullying.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:59 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Well dad got his 15 minutes of fame, I guess his goal was achieved.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-27-2013, 04:23 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
My son had a full blown meltdown over a frosted donut last week. He's 7. Good luck!
I swear if they had a gold medal for tantrums. my boy would've won it.

He would go purple in the face, immediately his entire features would devolve into a screaming mouth, he would hit the floor (no matter where we were) kick his heels into the floor, flail his arms, and howl.

I would just walk off leave him pretend he was someone elses kid.

I love this video, the dad is hot as hell and the whole family is just laughing their heads off. Funny stuff.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
I would videotape my kids at age 2 or younger if they tried to throw a tantrum. They would watch the replay and have the funniest expressions on their faces but they wouldn't throw a tantrum again. I think 2 year olds hate the way they look having a temper fit especially when everyone is laughing while the video is playing.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:13 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
She sounded like my daughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting