Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 10:46 AM

5 posts, read 6,491 times

Advertisements

I answered the door today and there was a woman there asking for someone named Lindell Jones. I told the woman I had no idea what she meant. She arrived with her small child and I had no idea what this lady was doing at my house. She just kept asking for Lindell. I told her we had been living in this house for ten years and that Lindell does not live here. She kept insisting that he did because this was the address he gave her and that she had left her husband to come be with him.

My stepson was in the living room at this time and all of the damn lies came out.

Apparently for the past year my fifteen year old stepson has had a bunch of women online convinced that he is a ripped black firefighter named Lindell Wallace Jones. At some point he pretended to have gotten injured in a work fire because apparently these women have sent him care packages. He also had them send him things like comic books and video games because part of his story was that he is caring for his nieces and nephews because he has a crackhead sister and he's such a "good and caring man". Apparently he signs for these packages before we get home from work.

The woman I spoke to claims she has sent him nude photos and we are currently trying to see how many other women did this as well. The woman told me that stepson told her that he was in love with her and they talk online every night. She went into her issues like how her and her husband aren't getting along and how she just wanted to start life over with Lindell.

Once she learned the truth from my stepson, a fifteen year old white teenager with pimples, she freaked out and cried outside. A rock was thrown at our window.

Other truths have been uncovered too, like stepson LYING about employment. Anyway all the damn lies have unfolded and I can't express how angry I am.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:49 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,567,299 times
catfishing?

Old 09-12-2014, 11:01 AM

917 posts, read 1,384,916 times
I hope you took away all internet privileges/cell phone/video games/ etc. Pretty much clean his room out. Just leave him a bed and that’s it. No TV NOTHING. It’s ridiculous that he did this!! For some reason, I think the MTV show made this more common. It’s easy to target older women because they don’t know about “catfishing”.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:14 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
LMAO! I got a good laugh reading that! This gets an A+ for creative topics!

Old 09-12-2014, 11:18 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by POedMom View Post
I answered the door today and there was a woman there asking for someone named Lindell Jones. I told the woman I had no idea what she meant. She arrived with her small child and I had no idea what this lady was doing at my house. She just kept asking for Lindell. I told her we had been living in this house for ten years and that Lindell does not live here. She kept insisting that he did because this was the address he gave her and that she had left her husband to come be with him.

My stepson was in the living room at this time and all of the damn lies came out.

Apparently for the past year my fifteen year old stepson has had a bunch of women online convinced that he is a ripped black firefighter named Lindell Wallace Jones. At some point he pretended to have gotten injured in a work fire because apparently these women have sent him care packages. He also had them send him things like comic books and video games because part of his story was that he is caring for his nieces and nephews because he has a crackhead sister and he's such a "good and caring man". Apparently he signs for these packages before we get home from work.

The woman I spoke to claims she has sent him nude photos and we are currently trying to see how many other women did this as well. The woman told me that stepson told her that he was in love with her and they talk online every night. She went into her issues like how her and her husband aren't getting along and how she just wanted to start life over with Lindell.

Once she learned the truth from my stepson, a fifteen year old white teenager with pimples, she freaked out and cried outside. A rock was thrown at our window.

Other truths have been uncovered too, like stepson LYING about employment. Anyway all the damn lies have unfolded and I can't express how angry I am.
So you're basically NEVER around your son??

Old 09-12-2014, 11:20 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
catfishing?
Its like the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax from last year. Its basically when someone pretends to be someone else online, usually in order to trick someone into having a relationship or falling in love with them.

The term comes from a movie that came out in 2010. There was also a show on Mtv.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:33 AM

5 posts, read 6,491 times
Of course we are around but the kids get home at 3:30 and my husband and I aren't home until five or six. I had no idea all of this was going on. He spends a lot of time on his computer but I had ZERO knowledge of any of this.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:59 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by POedMom View Post
She arrived with her small child and I had no idea what this lady was doing at my house. She just kept asking for Lindell.
I'm shocked she didn't say, "This is Lindell's child."

Shocked I tell you.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:01 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,787,955 times
If this thread is for real, and I hope it's not, I'd send the kid to military school. Yesterday. I'm hoping this is a made up thread, but if it's not, you've raised a sociopath. (Although since you said this is a stepson, I don't know how much you've had to do with the raising of him, and he is not your genetic material, so he certainly didn't inherit it from you.) You cannot "counsel" a sociopath. Therapy just teaches them how to better conceal their sociopathic behavior, while continuing to harm people to get what they want. Be upfront with the school about what he has done, so that they will know exactly what they are dealing with. If you cannot afford military school (and this would be the sort of thing that you drain the college fund and mortgage the house to pay for), then get everything out of his room except a mattress on the floor, and two sets of clothing. Directly supervise him every minute that he is not in school or after school sports/activities (and you have to verify every day that he was there), so that he has no access to the means to exploit and harm other people. No phone, no computer, no nothing. This is not going to get better. YOU should get therapy, to help you deal with the grief over the realization that you/your husband have raised a sociopath. Have him get a job the day he turns 16, and take 90 percent of what he earns, leaving him just enough to keep him willing to work. Use it to make restitution to his victims, and let him know that you are doing this. If he objects, explain to him that no matter how smart he thinks he is, eventually he will get caught by the law if he exploits and harms other people, and will wind up in prison, and pay financial restitution, so he should just consider this as your effort to have him learn his lesson now, before he becomes a convicted felon.

I am so sorry for your trouble. As awful as this is, take comfort in the fact that he has not yet been arrested. It could have been worse.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:03 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,567,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Its like the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax from last year. Its basically when someone pretends to be someone else online, usually in order to trick someone into having a relationship or falling in love with them.

The term comes from a movie that came out in 2010. There was also a show on Mtv.

Ok thanks.
Odd term - no real connection.

Cuckcooing would be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting