Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 10:45 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
How so? An "uncovered" diaper is considered provacative in some way? Good grief....
If a toddler is exposing a diaper at age 2, who KNOWS what she'll be exposing at age 18
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 11:58 PM

210 posts, read 238,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
If a toddler is exposing a diaper at age 2, who KNOWS what she'll be exposing at age 18
Lol! No I don't think it's inappropriate, just wondering what everyone else thought. My husband made a remark about how the skirt wasw kinda short so that made me wonder if it was inappropriate. It's pretty cold most of the time where we liver so she will probably have leggings under. Thanks for the replies!

Old 01-08-2014, 01:33 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,087,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I believe that some people think that little girls showing their uncovered diapers and underpants may be inappropriate.
I'm probably the most conservative person here, and even I don't think it's inappropriate for a toddler.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:41 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriousjane View Post
What do you think, are short skirts for toddlers appropriate or not?
I am struggling to think of a single reason why they would not be. Is the local weather too cold to be wearing such garments or something? Certainly it is not appropriate to dress a child too cold for the local weather.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:53 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
my god , are we talking about babies here, or what.. of course they can wear short dresses and skirts, have a look back at some Shirley Temple photos.. adorbable and didnt turn out a ****.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:53 PM

358 posts, read 512,490 times
I am not a parent but I wouldn't think anything of it if she has pants on underneath.

But this reminds me of something that I do think is inappropriate: Little girls wearing pants or shorts with words printed on the butt.

I work in retail and am trained to pay attention to people and anything that catches my eye. A grown woman wearing that is okay, I guess (depending on the butt maybe).

But I don't want to be looking at little girl's butts and it's disturbing that anyone thought putting words there was a good idea. Even more so that a parent was okay with that.

Don't tell me not to look. Eyes don't work that way. Something unusual in my field of vision from several feet away is going to draw my eye.

It creeps me out.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:50 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriousjane View Post
I'm the mother of a toddler girl. We were recently given several bags of clothes by some relatives. There are about 5 skirts that I would describe as "mini skirts."

What do you think, are short skirts for toddlers appropriate or not?
It's at your discression...whatever you feel comfortable putting her in.
I always favored the cute lil dresses come just below the knee myself.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:11 AM

741 posts, read 1,288,853 times
When in doubt, add cute ruffle diaper cover or leggings/tights. I'm not disturbed by short skirts or shorts persay. My toddler ran around most of the summer in a glorified diaper cover. I might feel a little more awkward if the child was in real underwear and then trained. Should def have a pair of bloomers or shorts under that short skirt then, in my mind. Don't need people seeing my kids underwear.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:20 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
I was born in the very early 1950s.

I remember playing outside in the summer bare-chested until I was about eight years old.

Yes, I was, and still am, female.

For that reason, this thread makes me laugh!

Old 01-09-2014, 11:24 AM

72 posts, read 99,845 times
I have 3 grown daughters. I always made them wear shorts under their skirts. Therefore length wasn't an issue. Daddy approved!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting