Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 04:43 PM

1,339 posts, read 3,465,817 times

Advertisements

While I feel sorry that some mothers feel the need to showcase their breasts when they are feeding, I am sure as hell not offended!!

Old 03-07-2014, 05:12 PM

836 posts, read 1,661,588 times
If you ain't cool with us gawking, don't whip it out in public.

And I don't need to see any more of the most overexposed generation in history.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:13 PM

1,339 posts, read 3,465,817 times
I didn't know she's in the news: Miami Dolphins Philip Wheeler forced to defend girlfriend after breastfeeding post on Instagram | Mail Online. She's a model so it explains at least a part of the obsession.

Last edited by kutra11; 03-07-2014 at 05:43 PM..

Old 03-08-2014, 09:27 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouskelly View Post
If you ain't cool with us gawking, don't whip it out in public.

And I don't need to see any more of the most overexposed generation in history.
The whole purpose of whipping them out in public is to be gawked at -- certainly the baby doesn't require a very public setting with everything bared.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:21 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,830,572 times
Breastfeeding in public can be done very discreetly. I nursed 3 of mine in public all the time. A well placed shirt/blanket/burp rag can work wonders. Most people have no idea you're even nursing.

I did see a woman once who, in a public library, lifted her shirt up over her breasts while her 2 year old daughter grasped her breasts and sucked on one nipple, then the other, then back again, over and over and over again. I was horrified. Certainly women like her give nursing in public a bad name. Knowing that while breastfeeding is perfectly natural and normal, the sight of her bared breasts (and toddler sucking on them) was going to make people feel uncomfortable, I thought her behavior was extremely rude, and exhibitionistic. Breastfeeding in public can be done very discreetly, no need for a giant tent that screams, "Look at me, I'm nursing!" nor is it necessary to undress and bare it all either. A bra unfastened, a shirt pulled up, a baby's head for blocking the view of the nipple/breast, and a well placed blanket if you're worried about an exposed tummy (yours, not the baby's!). Totally discreet, and most people would have no clue you're nursing unless they're right next to you.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
Breastfeeding in public can be done very discreetly. I nursed 3 of mine in public all the time. A well placed shirt/blanket/burp rag can work wonders. Most people have no idea you're even nursing.

I did see a woman once who, in a public library, lifted her shirt up over her breasts while her 2 year old daughter grasped her breasts and sucked on one nipple, then the other, then back again, over and over and over again. I was horrified. Certainly women like her give nursing in public a bad name. Knowing that while breastfeeding is perfectly natural and normal, the sight of her bared breasts (and toddler sucking on them) was going to make people feel uncomfortable, I thought her behavior was extremely rude, and exhibitionistic. Breastfeeding in public can be done very discreetly, no need for a giant tent that screams, "Look at me, I'm nursing!" nor is it necessary to undress and bare it all either. A bra unfastened, a shirt pulled up, a baby's head for blocking the view of the nipple/breast, and a well placed blanket if you're worried about an exposed tummy (yours, not the baby's!). Totally discreet, and most people would have no clue you're nursing unless they're right next to you.
Yes -- that is certainly true -- but a woman breastfeeding discreetly isn't going to be taking "selfies" of it and trying to make a public display of herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting