Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 06:04 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,009,298 times

Advertisements

I'm an adult child We've asked my husband's parents to give us nothing, just shop for the grandkids. My parents give us all a new pair of pjs and then spoil the kids. Usually I say "nothing" when my mom asks what I'd like, but this year I asked for a Soda Stream.

As for my boys, they are little and still believe. I'm guessing I spend a few hundred on each one. They are each getting two Lego sets, a board game, a craft set, and some Star Wars figurines. The little one is getting a Kindle and the big one is getting an air hockey table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 07:08 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times
I stopped asking my parents for gifts when i was around 21-22 years old. They still got me a few things here and there, but I always suggested they not. Just wasn't necessary although I appreciate the token guesture.

When i had kids, i asked that they just buy for the children instead, although my mom let it slip that she got me a PS4...for the kids (they are 2 y/o)

Old 12-09-2014, 07:54 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
I just got my adult son's wish lists. Their lists are

19 y/o
massage gift cert (i sent him one just for finals week instead)
head phones
sweater

21 y/o
business suit
money for new glasses
massage gift card (I also sent him one for finals week)

Old 12-09-2014, 12:54 PM

698 posts, read 986,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
I'm an adult child We've asked my husband's parents to give us nothing, just shop for the grandkids. My parents give us all a new pair of pjs and then spoil the kids. Usually I say "nothing" when my mom asks what I'd like, but this year I asked for a Soda Stream.
You know that's honestly the type of response I would expect from a parent, especially with how much we do for our grandson, which we're happy to do I really enjoy it, rather than lumping yourself in with a toddler and submitting a very immature list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting