Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 01:23 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
everyone likes to give a reason why they left the Catholic church when the truth is most people who leave have changed to a lifestyle that is against Catholic church rules.

EXAMPLE...........divorce, shacking up, abortion, gay relatives, or just " too lazy" to attend mandatory Sunday mass.

But, they come up with reasons that sound "pc", but are laughable .

Hoewver, if it makes you feel good, keep the reasons coming.
Cheap entertainment !
Yeah and these types infiltrate religion. I'm not going to get into my feelings about abortion but an older class no longer talk about that because one of the parents works at Planned Parenthood and it might be offensive. I was talking to someone and we were discussing how we see the same people at church and only about a handful of the kids. Ironically the parent active in church have good kids and the kids know the most. There is usually no excuse to avoid church all the time. I get going away and sickness and things like that but laziness is unacceptable. These kids are learning it's not important and often tell me how bored they are or cause trouble. Yet according to some of these posters it's my fault, I should be honored to teach and all of that. I enjoy working with the kids but I know it's a lost cause for most.

Years ago we used to require a snback rotation where each week another kid brought a snack for the class. We stopped that because so many parents didn't give them a snack.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:38 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yeah and these types infiltrate religion. I'm not going to get into my feelings about abortion but an older class no longer talk about that because one of the parents works at Planned Parenthood and it might be offensive. I was talking to someone and we were discussing how we see the same people at church and only about a handful of the kids. Ironically the parent active in church have good kids and the kids know the most. There is usually no excuse to avoid church all the time. I get going away and sickness and things like that but laziness is unacceptable. These kids are learning it's not important and often tell me how bored they are or cause trouble. Yet according to some of these posters it's my fault, I should be honored to teach and all of that. I enjoy working with the kids but I know it's a lost cause for most.

Years ago we used to require a snback rotation where each week another kid brought a snack for the class. We stopped that because so many parents didn't give them a snack.
Why don't you just look at this as an opportunity to teach them the "right" way? If you feel that these kids are totally missing out at home, think about how much more they "need" you than if they were getting what they need at home.

My teacher friends feel like they do the most good in the communities that need them the most. They are most needed in communities where the parents aren't very involved. Attitude is everything and yours sucks.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:42 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
People that take visual attendance, comment upon what other parishioners do, and talk about other members (they're lazy?), are enemies of the church. If you try to teach children that their parents are sinners, you are an enemy of both the church and the family.

If the kids are bored during instruction, it's the instructor.

My kids are great, compassionate human beings. Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-20-2015 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: insult/attack

Old 04-20-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
What grade level is this, and is it regular Sunday School????
It's a variety of classes that I teach for 3 hours.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
People that take visual attendance, comment upon what other parishioners do, and talk about other members (they're lazy?), are enemies of the church. If you try to teach children that their parents are sinners, you are an enemy of both the church and the family.

My kids are great, compassionate human beings. Unlike the OP.
Moderator cut: delete The enemies of the church are those who don't attend church and don't live like required. What do you do to help others? Most of the parents do nothing yet I'm the enemy?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-20-2015 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: deleted "personal attack"

Old 04-20-2015, 01:53 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Personal attack. The enemies of the church are those who don't attend church and don't live like required.
If the Catholic church were made up only of people who attended EVERY Sunday, didn't believe in birth control, and didn't believe in divorce, the church would die out.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:01 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I don't understand why people get miffed at other people refusing to volunteer (esepcially other volunteers). That's why these performing these activities is called VOLUNTEERING and not EMPLOYMENT.
I get miffed because so many people complain yet refuse to do anything. JMO

Old 04-20-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiesu View Post
There is no service during RE or we would. You shouldn't make assumptions. Makes you look foolish.
I'm ok with that. As I said...IF there is a service.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post

My kids are great, compassionate human beings. Unlike the OP.
Me-owww!

Old 04-20-2015, 02:06 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Quote:
Personal attack. The enemies of the church are those who don't attend church and don't live like required. What do you do to help others? Most of the parents do nothing yet I'm the enemy?
You have been attacking the parishioners all through this thread. I am a regular weekly volunteer, through our county. We do more, with less, than the church does in most cases.

I'd like to hear your pastor claim those who aren't living up to your ideals are enemies of the church. It won't happen. The enemies are the judgmental ones who deem some worthy of calling themselves Catholic by their own standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting