Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2015, 01:48 AM

917 posts, read 1,386,853 times

Advertisements

My friend and her ex broke up about 2 years ago. It was a messy breakup but they are civil since they have a son together. My friend's ex sees their son two days a week. (Not on weekends due to work schedules, it changes during the week). He worked various jobs here and there and was behind on child support. My friend decided to help him out, went to court and lowered the amount he pays. Which they did, now he has a stable job and he pays. I am mutual friends with both of them and I have heard him bad mouth her a lot about the whole child support situation.

Note, my friend is the one who ended the relationship and she has moved on. They are civil with each other for the sake of their son. Occasionally, they'll do various things together with their son (like movies, monster truck show etc)

My friend who lives with her parents, recently started getting mail with the name of a female that is apparently seeing her ex (the father of her son). She is sending wedding catalogs, parenting magazines, various catalogs as my friend describes as junk mail. This woman is using her first name with her ex's last name (as if they are already married). She even uses a company name that has their sons and this womans name together (clearly a fake company)(This is for catalogs)

My friend is worried that this woman is mentally unstable and does not want her son around her. The ex denies that they are an item but social media says other wise (Facebook check ins and pictures as well as this woman always commenting on his stuff makes it seems like they are more than friends). My friend has screenshots.

They have a court date coming up for child support and my friend was curious if this kind of evidence can hold up in court.(Supervised visits Im guessing she didnt say what she meant by hold up in court)

She has never had an issue with her ex but this woman is scaring my friend and she is concerned about her son's well being. Any advice?

I told her it might hold up in court but to talk to her ex (she did and he denies it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 08:05 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,993,934 times
I don't think requesting catalogs will hold up in court as being indicative of a mentally unstable person.

Is the boy uncomfortable around her? That's the angle she should concern herself with. Exes have the right to move on.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:34 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,908,546 times
sounds like drama. She should ignore it and not feed it. I'm with Mattie. Your friend would be wise to not freak out and just talk things out with the ex. That is, if she wants to keep it civil. Has the ex bf dated much before? How did she feel about those girlfriends?

Old 06-07-2015, 10:50 AM

She's busy with work & school so she doesn't want to focus on dating right now. He seems to have "females" but tries to hide it from her. Not sure why since she doesn't care..so there hasn't been any new women around except this one.

She's concerned because she doesn't know how this new girl got her address. I mean it is creepy that the catalogs have a made up company name using her sons name. (One of them was PattiLovesAdam&William) (William is her sons name, Patti is the new girl and Adam is the Ex)

Old 06-07-2015, 10:53 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,908,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapla12 View Post
She's busy with work & school so she doesn't want to focus on dating right now. He seems to have "females" but tries to hide it from her. Not sure why since she doesn't care..so there hasn't been any new women around except this one.

She's concerned because she doesn't know how this new girl got her address. I mean it is creepy that the catalogs have a made up company name using her sons name. (One of them was PattiLovesAdam&William) (William is her sons name, Patti is the new girl and Adam is the Ex)
It really might not be intentional. It might be a spam thing and an error in the post office. I can't count how many things I got for my husbands ex years and several moves later.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:46 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,463,624 times
Quote:
(One of them was PattiLovesAdam&William) (William is her sons name, Patti is the new girl and Adam is the Ex)
It is peculiar bordering on creepy, but unfortunately it won't hold in court if your friend thinks this would decrease the amount of paternal custody. The court would take into account things more grave than this, for example, if the child is exposed to inappropriate things (like sex, with a proof), or is abused.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:52 AM

15,817 posts, read 20,586,820 times
Not enough evidence.

Your friend should just talk to her ex about it. Just bring up the junk mail she is getting. Seems like a reasonable thing to ask and will be thousands of dollars cheaper than having their lawyers talk about it .

Old 06-12-2015, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
It really might not be intentional. It might be a spam thing and an error in the post office. I can't count how many things I got for my husbands ex years and several moves later.
The issue is, her ex never lived with her at her parents house in other words he never received mail there. She just got a Step Mom magazine in this girls name yesterday!!! This girl seems to want to rub it in that her ex is with her now. (even though my friend doesnt care obviously. She never once approached any girl she suspected was talking to the ex). My friend is worried this girl is brainwashing her son into thinking he's going to have a step mom. (I just found out her ex is out of town so he hasnt seen his son yet so they havent been able to talk)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting