Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 11:33 AM

3 posts, read 3,050 times

Advertisements

The father of my children is not a good father. He very easily upset, he cusses like a sailor (even at the kids). He calls them "mother ****ers". He doesn't understand patients. He can not stand the sound of them crying; mind you, them kids are all under 4 years of age and there is three if them. We do not have the same goals in raising children hes a "Do what I say, not what I do" type of dad without any question, which to me is tough for a toddler! He is disrespect to me he calls me all kind of "*******" in front of them and is just totally inappropriate! When he wants he can be a normal dad when I say normal minus the cussing and yelling for him that is his norm. I want to know what what am I suppose to do!! Coming from no father myself I dont now know if I am suppose to say "HEY STAY AWAY FROM OUR KIDS" OR if there is some kind of visiting situation or rules I can work out with him or something. I can not get comfortable with taking my kids away from their dad but at the same time I am trying to raise well-rounded human beings...Any advice or there for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 12:07 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavary View Post
The father of my children is not a good father. He very easily upset, he cusses like a sailor (even at the kids). He calls them "mother ****ers". He doesn't understand patients. He can not stand the sound of them crying; mind you, them kids are all under 4 years of age and there is three if them. We do not have the same goals in raising children hes a "Do what I say, not what I do" type of dad without any question, which to me is tough for a toddler! He is disrespect to me he calls me all kind of "*******" in front of them and is just totally inappropriate! When he wants he can be a normal dad when I say normal minus the cussing and yelling for him that is his norm. I want to know what what am I suppose to do!! Coming from no father myself I dont now know if I am suppose to say "HEY STAY AWAY FROM OUR KIDS" OR if there is some kind of visiting situation or rules I can work out with him or something. I can not get comfortable with taking my kids away from their dad but at the same time I am trying to raise well-rounded human beings...Any advice or there for me?
Who do they live with?

Old 06-10-2015, 12:54 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
If the kids live with you, and he treats them that way, talk to your attorney, or Child Protection Services, and they can help you get supervised visitation through the court system. if you live with him and your children, you may need to go to an abused wife agency to gt help to get the kids and you somewhere to live that is safe.

Either way, it sounds like this man is at the very least verbally abusive to you and your children. This is a terrible situation and you are not doing right by your children allowing this to continue....Talk to your family doctor, or call your local abuse cnter and talk to a professional there. Good luck to you.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:12 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Consult a lawyer. Consultations are often free. Or you can try legal aid organizations. CPS could possibly provide you with some help there. A guardian ad litem is another possibility. They are not YOUR lawyer - they advocate for the child.

And talk to a domestic violence shelter/organization. Even if he hasn't physically assaulted you, his behavior is not acceptable, and they can help you go over your options.

No, this guy is no kind of father. If he fights you in court, insist on supervised visitation.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:11 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
You aren't going to be able to deny him the ability to see his kids based on what you are saying, that I can tell you. If you two have an informal agreement then then take him to court for actual custody proceedings. You are going to need witnesses that can confirm he acts like that as well. Otherwise it's a he said she said situation and won't affect the judges final ruling.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:15 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
Lawyer up, they are his kids as much as yours and you can't "take them away" with out legal court order.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:12 PM

So what yall are saying is start a process to get full custody,or give him an opportunity to co parent although I know he wont be raising them right?

Old 06-10-2015, 04:14 PM

They live with me,I left him in January.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:15 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Start getting proof for court. But don't drag the kids into it. Just record him

Old 06-10-2015, 09:00 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,783,775 times
You had 3 kids with him. Now you need to do right by them and raise them, and he is not a good influence. It sounds as if these three are going to require all your time and energy for the next 20 years, so maybe your first step should be making sure that all your attention is available for these 3, and that no more kids come along to distract you from that goal. So perhaps an appointment with your obgyn is in order.

As for him seeing them, unless he is abusive to you or them, you really have no right to deny him visitation. If he is abusive toward them, call child protection, and let the law stop the visitation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting