Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 08:42 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,437,068 times

Advertisements

I guess one of the things I am loving most is vicariously through their eyes seeing the world fresh and new again. Things that have become old hat and mundane to me - are new to them and that is rubbing off on me.

Where my brain has filtered some things out that I have seen 1000s of times before - they will suddenly point it out in their excitement - or a question - and call it back to my attention again. And my efforts to answer questions when they ask them - leads me to think of things I have not thought of for years - or think of them in a new way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 08:55 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,134,959 times
My son sees only the good in the world. Every morning is an opportunity for happiness and adventure to him. The world and everything in it is beautiful to him. It's wonderful to see the world that way again instead of just everything that's wrong and dreading getting out of bed in the am (I like my sleep lol).

Old 11-02-2015, 08:56 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,134,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
I guess one of the things I am loving most is vicariously through their eyes seeing the world fresh and new again. Things that have become old hat and mundane to me - are new to them and that is rubbing off on me.

Where my brain has filtered some things out that I have seen 1000s of times before - they will suddenly point it out in their excitement - or a question - and call it back to my attention again. And my efforts to answer questions when they ask them - leads me to think of things I have not thought of for years - or think of them in a new way.
I didn't see your response until I posted mine. It's just the best part, isn't it?

Old 11-02-2015, 09:17 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,306,938 times
My kid and I are on the same wavelength in terms of sense of humor. We have so many little sayings that we can crack each other up with. And at 11, he's still a cuddle bug, at least sometimes - I take every second I can get since I know it will end soon enough!

Old 11-02-2015, 09:35 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,574,195 times
When they're asleep.

-mom of 14 year old and 20 year old.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:01 AM

496 posts, read 399,204 times
The very best thing about being a parent is when your much loved children have kiddos of their own. I adored having children, though I admit if they came out of the womb as teenagers the world population would be done for!

Each age has it's challenges and it's reward but what a wonderful experience overall. I know that being a parent is a huge challenge and I respect and admire people who know that parenthood is just not their thing. Better to be honest and in touch with yourself than to push yourself into something that would make you unhappy.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:01 PM

5,530 posts, read 8,810,485 times
I always remember what my Mom told me about raising kids:

"We were never so tired, we were never so worried, we were never so broke...and we never had so much fun."

Old 11-02-2015, 02:50 PM
V&L

112 posts, read 150,814 times
Well, being a parent IS difficult, and yes, I was VERY sleep deprived with both of my babies (I never let tem cry in their crib and they slept with me until they were three), yes people gave me evil looks when I went with my kids to travel or eat at a restaurant, but I never felt that was my kid's problem, to be honest . Kids are great because every day they surprise you, because they love you and value you even if you are messed up or had no time to die your hair properly... because you get to see them grow into this separate , miraculous person and you will NEVER feel again (not even in your worst moments), that your life has no purpose and why the hell are you here, anyway? That's it in a nutshell for me.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:09 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,264,694 times
The absolute BEST part - the way they smell when you sniff their heads.

Which ends abruptly at school age.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:58 PM

50,469 posts, read 64,328,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
The absolute BEST part - the way they smell when you sniff their heads.

Which ends abruptly at school age.
Is there anything better than the smell of a clean baby? I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting