Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 07:05 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times

Advertisements

P.S. a "fight" or "disagreement" is very normal in healthy relationship. What your described now is abuse. So...maybe you should have said that in the first place.

Its more fun to be high and mighty, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 07:05 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,942,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goochgirl View Post
He said lasst night and today that he is going to try harder for me. That he is going to buy an engagement ring too. We have got along last night and today. So have kids.
So, that's it? No consideration for parenting classes or couples' counseling? An engagement ring is not going to solve your problems, in fact, it may start several new ones.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:07 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
I agree with Germaine.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:07 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,942,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
P.S. a "fight" or "disagreement" is very normal in healthy relationship. What your described now is abuse. So...maybe you should have said that in the first place.

The OP has several threads about the way things are in her household and relationship. Germaine isn't being high and mighty by reminding her of her previous complaints.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:15 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,249,721 times
Why is your boyfriend disciplining your kids instead of you? And I may get flamed for this, but why are you living with a boyfriend with your kids? Too many kids are abused by live-in boyfriends. And I think the kids are too old to be sharing a room.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:24 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Why is your boyfriend disciplining your kids instead of you? And I may get flamed for this, but why are you living with a boyfriend with your kids? Too many kids are abused by live-in boyfriends. And I think the kids are too old to be sharing a room.
he is the dad to one and the long term father figure to the other

Old 04-24-2016, 07:25 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times
Quote:

I am not being "high and mighty" since the OP does not consider those things "abuse". In fact, it appears from her threads that she does NOT even consider them a "fight" or a "disagreement" but her BF's right to treat her that manner.

While it is true that what is a "fight" or a "disagreement" can vary from person to person. But, I still feel that a loving couple CAN go for two years without a fight or disagreement. And, no I do not think that I am "lying" to say that. I also do not think that it is "normal" to fight in healthy relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
The OP has several threads about the way things are in her household and relationship. Germaine isn't being high and mighty by reminding her of her previous complaints.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:23 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
Quote:

You acknowledged that the OP was in an abusive relationship in one of her other threads.

Why do you have your back up about this now?

Old 04-25-2016, 08:40 PM

325 posts, read 228,694 times
I know I come and complain on my posts about my issues sometimes. I am sorry for that. It is just that is my way to be able to vent w/ my thoughts and feelings. I hold too much in. I am going to go to therapy myself. There is a lot I need to deal with. I think my kids keep me grounded and sane. I would do anything for them. One min I think it is getting better and then I don't know.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:44 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goochgirl View Post
I know I come and complain on my posts about my issues sometimes. I am sorry for that. It is just that is my way to be able to vent w/ my thoughts and feelings. I hold too much in. I am going to go to therapy myself. There is a lot I need to deal with. I think my kids keep me grounded and sane. I would do anything for them. One min I think it is getting better and then I don't know.
You know how you just need a break sometimes from the kids, like when you wanted them to go to the Build-aBear so you could have some time alone?

I'm sure your daughter feels that way too sometimes. She just wants some time and space to be herself, without her little brother.

Siblings Without Rivalry was recommended to you. It's an excellent book and one you could begin reading wihout waiting for therapy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting