Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 01:09 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,441,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I love this quote from Jennifer Garner, whenever people started to speculate that she was pregnant again.

Thank you! When women have babies their bodies change. It is natural, and it is beautiful. I have a little cush from my first birth. I have a scar and another "cush" from a C-section. It reminds me 20 plus years later of the beautiful child that was born that day. It is my momento. I wouldn't get rid of it. And yes, the second was born at age 32.

This idea that beauty is a flat stomach weeks after child birth, or ever, is propaganda promoted by those that make money from it. Accept what you've been given for there are those that long for the cush and the scars. This idea that there is one type of beauty wasn't a message I ever wanted my daughter to accept as reality. She has an athletic body from running multiple marathons, doing triathlons, and a half ironman. She doesn't do it for the body. She does it because of the power, strength, and sense of accomplishment it gives her.

Last edited by rrah; 09-04-2016 at 01:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 01:21 PM

579 posts, read 560,228 times
There are some women who have lose skin after pregnancy who get surgical tummy tucks. It's popular among wealthy women.

Old 09-04-2016, 01:27 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,441,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
There are some women who have lose skin after pregnancy who get surgical tummy tucks. It's popular among wealthy women.
This is what I'm thinking about. It's borderline criminal and very sad that a woman would feel the need to undergo an unnecessary surgery to fit some false ideal about beauty.

Old 09-04-2016, 02:17 PM

14,438 posts, read 11,913,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
This is what I'm thinking about. It's borderline criminal and very sad that a woman would feel the need to undergo an unnecessary surgery to fit some false ideal about beauty.
Eh, it's just loose skin. People do all sorts of plastic surgery and frankly it doesn't bother me a bit if someone wants to pay to have extra skin removed from their neck, arms, belly, or wherever, and has the money to do so. It makes them feel better about themselves. That's enough.

I had a medically necessary double mastectomy. I did not thereafter have to get breast implants, but I chose to do so. Maybe someone thinks that's criminal or sad. After all, if anything is a false ideal of beauty it's big boobs, right? I guess I should have just celebrated the fact that I got through an ordeal which changed my body, and that I no longer had breasts.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:35 AM

8 posts, read 4,130 times
I gave birth to my son at 34. Two months later my tummy was completely flat. (I'd post a pic, but I don't know the http since it's in the gallery of my phone.)

It's completely doable.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:43 AM

8 posts, read 4,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Eh, it's just loose skin. People do all sorts of plastic surgery and frankly it doesn't bother me a bit if someone wants to pay to have extra skin removed from their neck, arms, belly, or wherever, and has the money to do so. It makes them feel better about themselves. That's enough.

I had a medically necessary double mastectomy. I did not thereafter have to get breast implants, but I chose to do so. Maybe someone thinks that's criminal or sad. After all, if anything is a false ideal of beauty it's big boobs, right? I guess I should have just celebrated the fact that I got through an ordeal which changed my body, and that I no longer had breasts.
I lost my fabulous boobs to breast cancer in 2014. I didn't mind the TE'S at all. They looked great. The tunes and grenade shaped drains, not so much.
I had implants put in. They're spaced too wide apart and I refer to them as my "hamburger buns" because of the shape and the fact that they don't bounce, but hey, to me it's better than nothing and I'm still alive.

Don't worry about what other people think about it.
Do YOU.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:52 AM

50,526 posts, read 64,501,118 times
First baby at 18, last baby at 34. The first one really stretched out my abdomen and left stretch marks, but i did wear my pre preg jeans home from the hospital. When i tried this after my last one, it was not going to happen. I did not gain much weight with any of the pregnancies, but nowI am left with a lot of weak stomach muscles and belly fat.

I think a woman either has the genetics to bounce back tight from childbirth, or not. Not much you can do about it beyond trying to stay a healthy weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting