Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 04:59 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,473,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
I don't think that's common. The mom probably had extenuating circumstances. Perhaps the ladies room was closed and the 3 year old was about to wet himself. Perhaps the 3 year old had just learned how to use a urinal, and for whatever 3 year old reason was in a phase where he would now only go on a urinal, if in public. Perhaps it was not the mom, but an emergency babysitter with no experience with kids and was confused about which bathroom to go in. I'm thinking it was a fluke.
Great common-sense post.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:03 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,209,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I've not heard of that and thinks it's unusual but honestly, some posters who've been around long enough might remember threads/posts by people infuriated that a mom dared to bring her male toddler into the ladies room. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
This. I think a 3 year old boy should be taken to the ladies room rather than a woman go into the men's room. I think that is the norm. But, yes, people will complain about that, too. Maybe she figured there was nothing she hadn't seen before in the men's room, but wanted to shield her son from the ladies room. ??? I'm guessing.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:21 PM

245 posts, read 197,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Totally different. There WERE men in there (the OP's husband, using the urinal). Just because you're comfortable with doing something yourself doesn't give you the right to cross other people's boundaries. Also, NO REASON has been given why she couldn't have taken her three year-old into the women's room. Ladies' restrooms all have stalls so the problem of seeing others or being seen is eliminated. Just because you're a parent doesn't mean you get a pass to impose on others. If a grown man had a young daughter who needed to change into a swimsuit, does that give him the right to enter a female locker room at a public pool or spa where female adults and children are in their underwear and in many cases totally nude?
I actually take my son to swimming and there is a room in the ladies room where men can take their daughters or moms take their sons. You have to walk a bit in the ladies locker room. SO you could see something if you were watching.

The dads usually says excuse me and proceed.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:17 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,046,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
So you really don't see my point?
Nope, that is why I said "I don't really see what your point is".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
If men's rooms were like ladies' rooms, with nothing but enclosed stalls and no such things as urinals, I doubt this thread would have lasted more than a page at most.
Except posters have already said that a man coming into the women's restroom is much worse. Which I don't get. Its all enclosed, there is nothing to see.

Quote:
But the reality is, men expose themselves in front of urinals to do their business, and some of them prefer to do so without having unknown women in a position to observe them. I honestly don't know why this is such a hard concept for some people to understand.

But its okay for unknown men to observe you? Why would you even think people are observing you while in the restroom, is that really a thing that people do? Do you watch other men in the restroom? I don't know what goes on in the men's restroom, but I know I'm not hanging out in the women's restroom looking at everyone in there. Even in the gym locker room, where its all open, I'm not hanging out, looking at other people. I do what I need to do and move on. Sorry, most people are not going to be that interested in you where they'll want to stand and watch you pee.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:45 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,770,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Nope, that is why I said "I don't really see what your point is".
I think if you thought about it for a bit, you'd get it.

SMH

Some straaaaange opinions here.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:55 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,046,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I think if you thought about it for a bit, you'd get it.

SMH

Some straaaaange opinions here.
So you didn't have a point with your whole "everyone should just pee in the parking lot" comment.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:09 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,770,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So you didn't have a point with your whole "everyone should just pee in the parking lot" comment.
Whatever you say.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:39 AM

18,543 posts, read 18,794,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
This. I think a 3 year old boy should be taken to the ladies room rather than a woman go into the men's room. I think that is the norm. But, yes, people will complain about that, too. Maybe she figured there was nothing she hadn't seen before in the men's room, but wanted to shield her son from the ladies room. ??? I'm guessing.
Rubbish, no one every complains about a toddler in a ladies roo.... never in a million years.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:43 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,438,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I wish that I had few enough problems in my life that I could afford myself the luxury of actually giving a sh*t about what bathrooms people use, but alas that is not the case.
I know, right?

As a woman, I don't care two figs who is or isn't in the restroom while I'm peeing.
And I'll never understand why anyone would.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:56 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,487,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post

And I'm guessing there was something she wanted to see, so she used her son as an excuse to become "Peeping Tina".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting