Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 03:04 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,225,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallie225 View Post
She actually has an excellent immunity and RARELY NEVER EVER gets sick..like ever. As a baby she NEVER got sick. So don't tell me what to do. You dont know.. But yes I already posted a bad review...
What a rude response to a helpful post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 06:48 PM

203 posts, read 108,920 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallie225 View Post
She actually has an excellent immunity and RARELY NEVER EVER gets sick..like ever. As a baby she NEVER got sick. So don't tell me what to do. You dont know.. But yes I already posted a bad review...
Well obviously her immunity isn't as a good as you thought. Surprise! You think just she didn't get sick as a baby or a toddler that she will never be sick?

you referred to kids as dirty. Sounds like your kid is just as dirty. Kids get sick. Stop going to the library. I take my kids to the library all the time and I've never noticed them getting sick there. Is the library the only place you take your kid? Germs are everywhere.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:50 PM

I still find it weird that it's common practice to sanitize toys at a library? Do schools sanitize toys? What about dr's offices? There are toys in the waiting room there and I can only imagine how many germs are on those.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBridge781 View Post
I still find it weird that it's common practice to sanitize toys at a library? Do schools sanitize toys? What about dr's offices? There are toys in the waiting room there and I can only imagine how many germs are on those.
Licensed child care centers are required to sanitize toys. Libraries, museums, doctor's offices, and school are not. That's the case where I am anyway. Even if those other places clean them, there is a chance that the chemical they are using doesn't kill norovirus.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:54 PM

Interesting. I didnt know that about sanitizing toys.

no...we go to that library then home or drive through fast food.

Also OP did it occur to you that maybe the fast food place is making your special snowflake sick? Just a thought.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBridge781 View Post
Interesting. I didnt know that about sanitizing toys.

no...we go to that library then home or drive through fast food.

Also OP did it occur to you that maybe the fast food place is making your special snowflake sick? Just a thought.
I still want to know what the onset time is after the trip to the library. The OP didn't answer my question, though.

Old 12-03-2018, 07:02 PM

No one wants their kids to be sick, i get that...but you have to be somewhat reasonable. Writing a letter to the library when you dont even KNOW If that's where the germs came from seems like overkill.

When my oldest (now 4.5) was 1/1.5 everytime we saw my husbands brother, his daughter who was the same age ALWAYS had a cold...and then my little one would get the cold. I was more irritated that they didn't tell us that their kid had a cold. My son ended up getting an ear infection from his cold. We KNEW he was getting the cold from her so we distanced ourselves for a bit from seeing them. I felt sort of bad because I think we hurt their feelings...but I wasnt going to risk them having a sick kid and getting my kid sick.

The library situation and assuming the child got sick there and wanting to send them a letter seems nutty. Just stop going there.

Old 12-03-2018, 07:22 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,563,564 times
You need to start taking your kid out more than just a just a couple of times a week to the library and the occasional fast food drive through.

Why are you lashing out at people who are giving you decent advice? Based on your recent posts, it sounds like you have a bone to pick with the library. I thought you said you liked this library. Finally, calling librarians "Nazis" is extremely ignorant and is not only offensive to those who died at the hands of the NSDAP but just makes you look weak in your arguments.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,957,181 times
OP, it sounds like you never wanted any advice, you just wanted to get everyone in an uproar over this library which you intend to report, and you already posted a bad review, on Yelp or equivalent I presume?

"Why should my kid get punished just becsuse of other kids not putting stuff back?" Because that's life.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:08 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,742,227 times
Children get sick. They have to get sick to build up their immune systems. If your toddler has never been sick before, prepare to see a lot more sickness in the coming years. Little ones who go off to daycare/preschool/kindergarten for the first time are sick all. the. time. They have to pick up these bugs to develop immunity to them. That's why little children get sick with all sorts of things but their parents don't usually catch their colds/stomach illnesses/viruses. The good news is that once they get all of these colds and viruses, they're mostly immune to that particular virus in many cases. It's sort of like a vaccine but with no shot and more snot.

So yes, take your baby out and about. Get her a flu shot if you haven't already because you don't want her to get the flu. Once that's kicked in, take her to the library and the children's museum and playgroups and whatever else. Put her in the grocery carriage when you go shopping. Don't keep her home in a bubble. Her immune system will thank you. And so will her social skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting