Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 02:01 PM

957 posts, read 538,253 times

Advertisements

So... my daughter and her ex have a parenting plan. My daughter is the sole custodian, and makes all medical decisions. Ex ONLY has visitation (because he told the judge originally that he was only meant to be a very very very part time parent).

Ex continually disregards the parenting plan (giving child non emergency medicine without consulting with my daughter), not allowing child to video chat with my daughter during his weekend (parenting plan states that either parent MUST allow child to video chat) and had his new girlfriend insert rectal suppositories in child, for constipation (supposedly child didnt poop for one day).

WHAT does my daughter need to file in order for him to adhere to the parenting plan? Child comes back to her crying, afraid to poop, wetting her panties and emotionally shattered. (like... crying jags about her tummy and her butt hurting so badly)

Kind Regards
Kacey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 02:15 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,251 times
I would file for supervised visitation only since he can't be trusted to follow the plan.
They can assign him a social worker to supervise visits.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:21 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Yeah, or maybe none until she sees a doctor. I would take her immediately to the pediatrician to confirm that it is only suppositories causing these new symptoms.

Based on the behavior you have described, I would be very concerned about possible molestation.

Has your daughter met the girlfriend?

Old 07-13-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yeah, or maybe none until she sees a doctor. I would take her immediately to the pediatrician to confirm that it is only suppositories causing these new symptoms.

Based on the behavior you have described, I would be very concerned about possible molestation.

Has your daughter met the girlfriend?
Ok.. I was thinking along the same lines...

We have both met the new girlfriend - and arent impressed (she told child 'Im going to be your new mommy' and child was soooo upset).

Daughter took child to pediatrician last week after the suppository incident - but pediatrician didnt see anything to be concerned about... however, daughter and I are now VERY watchful for everything. I think she is making an appointment with a child psych. to chat with child.

Old 07-13-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I would file for supervised visitation only since he can't be trusted to follow the plan.
They can assign him a social worker to supervise visits.
Ohhhh thank you!!! I didnt realise that would be an option!! I will tell her )

Old 07-13-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaceyellis View Post
Ok.. I was thinking along the same lines...

We have both met the new girlfriend - and arent impressed (she told child 'Im going to be your new mommy' and child was soooo upset).

Daughter took child to pediatrician last week after the suppository incident - but pediatrician didnt see anything to be concerned about... however, daughter and I are now VERY watchful for everything. I think she is making an appointment with a child psych. to chat with child.
I would be in no hurry to send her back over there.

Old 07-13-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I would be in no hurry to send her back over there.
The issue is...
She didnt allow her to go to her dads during covid... (long story) short version - he told my daughter that he was exposed to covid.. and (again) couldnt take child for his parenting weekend. He then stopped paying child support. Since she was getting no child support she had to work... - but then the daycare closed. So I have been taking care of child since end of March. But I am health compromised - (as is my daughters live in firance - he just rec'd a kidney a couple months ago) - but ex wouldnt quarantine (he says covid is a crock etc etc) -so daughter said its too risky to send child to him.

He took her to court and was granted makeup parenting time. So she cant NOT send child or she will be contempt of the new court orders.

She has another appt tomorrow with the pediatrician.. and explained what was going on. Pediatrician is VERY concerned that ex is giving child suppositories without consulting a doctor. (and then this last weekend.. from what we can figure out from what child said.. we think he gave her an enema). So.. daughter is going to the appt and then going to the courthouse to file for supervised visitation - AND going to chat with CPS.

Old 07-13-2020, 08:29 PM

Good.

The apparent obsession with her bowel habits is disturbing, among other things. And frankly having all these live-in SOs everywhere she goes is not the best situation for this child.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:20 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaceyellis View Post
The issue is...
She didnt allow her to go to her dads during covid... (long story) short version - he told my daughter that he was exposed to covid.. and (again) couldnt take child for his parenting weekend. He then stopped paying child support. Since she was getting no child support she had to work... - but then the daycare closed. So I have been taking care of child since end of March. But I am health compromised - (as is my daughters live in firance - he just rec'd a kidney a couple months ago) - but ex wouldnt quarantine (he says covid is a crock etc etc) -so daughter said its too risky to send child to him.

He took her to court and was granted makeup parenting time. So she cant NOT send child or she will be contempt of the new court orders.

She has another appt tomorrow with the pediatrician.. and explained what was going on. Pediatrician is VERY concerned that ex is giving child suppositories without consulting a doctor. (and then this last weekend.. from what we can figure out from what child said.. we think he gave her an enema). So.. daughter is going to the appt and then going to the courthouse to file for supervised visitation - AND going to chat with CPS.
Good.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:25 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Not pooping for one day is grounds for a suppository?

I echo what others here have stated that I would be very suspicious of molestation and would go back to court to seek supervised visitation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting