Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2021, 03:58 PM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times

Advertisements

Figured this was the best place to ask. Anyone with seniors graduating this year?

Nephew still hasn't received his Graduation announcements/invitations.. His graduation is 3 weeks from today.

I can see things being a little delayed this year because I'm sure they're in something of a wait-and-see so far as how they're going to do it, and you don't want to send out 6 invitations and poof.. They decide they can only give you 2 tickets due to distancing or whatever.

But.. This seems.. WAY past the point. The only thing the school district has said so far is that Graduation is on the 28th of May at 7pm.

Last year, they split it into 2 days and allowed 6 tickets per graduate while doing all the distancing and the like.

While it's been 30 years since I graduated.. It seems to me I had and sent out the announcements WELL before this point. I'm thinking sometime in April and we didn't have graduation until mid June.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2021, 04:47 PM

14,316 posts, read 11,708,830 times
My daughter graduates on June 11, but her school does not supply announcements or invitations. We ordered some announcements on our own and she sent them this week. I haven't heard anything about how many people each graduate will be able to invite, but it's a very small private school with a small graduating class so they are probably not too concerned about that.

It does seem late for you not to have heard anything about how many people you can invite to the graduation.

Old 05-07-2021, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
My daughter graduates on June 11, but her school does not supply announcements or invitations. We ordered some announcements on our own and she sent them this week. I haven't heard anything about how many people each graduate will be able to invite, but it's a very small private school with a small graduating class so they are probably not too concerned about that.

It does seem late for you not to have heard anything about how many people you can invite to the graduation.

Oh, they ordered the invitations in February. I kinda asked the same thing on Facebook and i'm just floored that people have said "You have to order them".. I legit didn't mention ordering them because I just thought "No *@#$".. One of those things I just assumed was a given.. Obviously not.. lol

I seem to recall that I ordered in January and got them before Easter. Now, this was back in '91.. But still.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:11 PM

823 posts, read 1,056,376 times
I imagine you'll hear fairly shortly. Our commencement ceremonies will be on June 9 and 10, we find out this coming Monday (May 10) which day we've been allocated and how many guests each graduate can invite (likely to be no more than 2). Last year we had no live graduation ceremonies at all, so feeling grateful that there'll be something in person this year.

Old 05-08-2021, 07:36 AM

731 posts, read 768,560 times
This is your nephew, not your child. Has it occurred to you that maybe his parents don't want to invite you to the graduation? Or just ask his parents about this.

Old 05-10-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
This is your nephew, not your child. Has it occurred to you that maybe his parents don't want to invite you to the graduation? Or just ask his parents about this.

Has it occurred to you that the question is not why *I* haven't received the announcement, but if it seems strange that he hasn't received them to send out yet?

Though.. It occurs to me that would require reading and comprehension.

Old 05-10-2021, 07:26 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
I would hesitate to send announcements that might be construed as an invitation before a ceremony that not everyone is invited to.

Yes, it seems like they should have been delivered by now, but this seems like an odd place to ask. The parents could ask the school or the company they ordered from. No much we can do here.

Old 05-11-2021, 11:04 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,299,572 times
Is this still a thing? I have a child graduating next month and never thought about sending out announcements. I figure me saying it on FB was enough? *lol* What's the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting