Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 09:52 AM

16,412 posts, read 8,215,049 times

Advertisements

So what is someone supposed to do if they simply get just 6 or 7 hours of sleep? I personally am waking up way earlier than I used to. I don't necessarily want to be but it's happening. I am 44 and it can be a hormonal thing - menopause, etc. No health issues for me and I haven't been overeating (you mentioned that happens to people who don't sleep enough on another thread)

You keep preaching about people getting 9 hours of sleep and perhaps you should realize that not everyone has the luxury of getting 9 hours asleep. Maybe their job prevents them from getting that or their kids. You sound kind of privileged and to be honest your sleep will likely never return to what it was once you have kids. It's not temporary.

People have control over what they eat, if they exercise, smoke, drink, do drugs, get angry, etc, but if someone's body only needs 6 hours of sleep why fight it? As people get older they require less sleep.

Last edited by msRB311; 05-22-2023 at 10:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2023, 10:24 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
You keep preaching about people getting 9 hours of sleep and perhaps you should realize that not everyone has the luxury of getting 9 hours asleep.
Tho I just said that if I were her, I would consult a doctor or look to improve her lifestyle or sleeping environment to offer ways to help her get more sleep than 5 hours regularly because it contributes so much to poor health. A lot of ppl don’t realize it. Low immunity, high blood pressure, depression, diabetes, obesity….AND, ofc, that is going to make a difference in parenting too.^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Maybe it's not good for my health, but neither is tossing and turning to try and achieve 9 hours.
Quote:
Maybe their job prevents them from getting that or their kids.
She said she doesn’t want to spend time tossing & turning for 9 hrs…so she has time to try for 6 or 7 ofc. It would improve her health & there are things she can do that may help.

Quote:
As people get older they require less sleep.
You keep saying older ppl but I’m talking about the woman who said she was getting 5 hours of sleep every night before she had kids…so she was not in menopause or older.

Old 05-22-2023, 10:35 AM

16,412 posts, read 8,215,049 times
It's really not your place to judge people on how much sleep they get. It's not your business. You do you. As many have said, they are fine with getting 7 hours of sleep. Not everyone needs, wants or has time to achieve getting 9/10 hours of sleep a night.

Old 05-22-2023, 10:47 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
It's really not your place to judge people on how much sleep they get. It's not your business. You do you. As many have said, they are fine with getting 7 hours of sleep. Not everyone needs, wants or has time to achieve getting 9/10 hours of sleep a night.

She said 5….not 7. I wasn’t judging her. She said she had the time. I was offering suggestions & information. Tho are you telling me I can’t do that here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting