Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:28 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,432,556 times

Advertisements

I go to bed around 9:30 on most nights. Sometimes I can make it to 10 or even 11. Now, I fall asleep a good 1-1/2 hours after I go to bed ... regardless of when I actually go to bed. Then, I'm usually awake around 5-5:30 and up at 6:15 at the latest. Something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 05:19 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,147,528 times
8 year old son goes to bed at 9 and wakes up at 6:20am. I rarely go to bed before midnight. Usually between 12-2am. Husband goes to bed usually between 11-12pm and gets my son ready. I wake up anywhere between 8-10am. I've never been a morning person.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:19 AM

850 posts, read 3,159,019 times
Bed time for my 7 month old is pretty well set in stone. It's getting him to stay there with his teething that is a problem. Poor, poor, baby. Up 3 times last night before it stuck.

We start our bedtime routine at 9 o'clock. Bath, jammies, bedtime bottle. Usually falls asleep and is laying down by 10:30. On good nights, he stays, and will sleep until 7:00 or later. Generally, you can set your clock by him at 7:30a.m., though he is learning to get himself back to sleep, and some mornings he doesn't wake until after 8. Great for me, because I can get major housework done before he gets up.

MY SLEEP? I have Fibromyalgia and R.A., and am a SAHM (Praise God), but a neat freak. After baby is in bed, if I am exhausted (usually), I am in bed before 11:00, but asleep is another thing.Otherwise, I finish up whatever messes are left, and lay down by midnight. Last night - between DH and DBB, it was 1:30 before I was asleep, and up again at 6:00 this morning.
DH is a night owl, and normally has the t.v. and computer on, so it may take a little for me to get to sleep. He has the luxury of a very flexible job, and can sleep in mornings - as late as 9 some days. With my pain level, waking is anywhere from 2:00a.m. to 7:00 - depending on what my body decides. I get up, take meds, eat, and depending on time, watch t.v. and snooze, or hustle to get breakfast ready before DBB is awake and really moving.

Being 42 and also beginning to 'change' doesn't help - as it has also thrown off my sleep. I used to try and nap when the baby did during the day, but found it more painful to lay down - then get up and start again. Easier to keep moving.

I figure I'll sleep in a couple of years....lol! (have the monitor on now - listening to baby 'talking' - he may or may not go back ot sleep - it's always a 'wait and see'.)

Old 10-23-2008, 08:20 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,562 times
I'm in bed at by 10pm and up by 5:30am-I have a 4 month old that sleeps through the night, but wakes up early to be nursed. My almost 3 year old is in bed at 7pm and up by 6am, but we stay up later so the dog gets some playtime without having to play second fiddle to the kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting