Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 12:07 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,056,275 times

Advertisements

Pedicure for sure! Usually these places will take the gift card toward something else if they want a different thing done (eyebrow wax, etc). Why not go with her and then to lunch?

Movies are also great!

Just spend some girl time together. God knows she won't have much friend time after the baby comes for a few months!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 03:08 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,613,444 times
A pedicure would have been wasting money on me....so if that is a route you are considering, make very sure it's something she would like and USE. I likely would have been polite enough to the person who gave it, then either given it away or put it in a drawer, never to be used.

With my first....all I needed to feel content was to go out and eat good Mexican food! Seriously. haha
Or perhaps if someone had come done laundry for me....or cooked a meal so that I didn't have to. Those kinds of things would have felt like pampering to me.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:57 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,895,233 times
I would have liked a facial (all those dark lines around my neck and the stretch marks makes me not want to look at myself!), a pedicure, a massage, the body pillow (yummmm) or if your friend wants a massage but does not want to be touched, one of those electric back massagers you attach to the chair back and vibrates!

Old 01-16-2009, 05:06 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,815,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.coach View Post
Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy. Fun, truthful book that is an easy read.....and tells it like it REALLY is!
The Girlfriend's Guide is a wonderful book! It was my favorite through three pregnancies.

You could also give her a personally made gift certificate good for a night of babysitting once the baby arrives. I know I could have used that when I had my kids!

Old 01-16-2009, 06:55 PM

414 posts, read 1,862,466 times
Thank you ladies, for all of your suggestions. She is my secret sister in my women's service club so it will be even more fun seeing her open these gifts without her knowing who gave them to her! I'm definitely going to do the body pillow, maternity massage and something aromatherapy from B&BW. Thanks for all the great ideas!

Old 01-16-2009, 07:29 PM

91 posts, read 231,465 times
When I was pregnant, no one got me anything. So I wouldn't know. I do wish that I had gotten a certificate to get a massage or even a certificate to get one after the birth.

I just gave a friend of mine one of the diaper cakes I make. Something to help get the ball started on everything.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:42 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,294,149 times
Another idea to consider would be satin pj's. You can probably find some on sale in your price range now. They were the BEST thing I had later in my pregnancy because I could roll over in bed easier and got more sleep.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:24 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,325,290 times
I am going to go with something u can eat. Cravings can be a powerful thing. I had to have chocolate. I would have loved a five pound box of Sees Candy. The next thing a like is a book of unique baby names with their meanings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting