Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 11:39 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,284,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson11 View Post
what the hell is with people and abuse? again if you read my first post this child doesn't leave my sight. i'm on her like nobody's business. she does not leave my sight! 24 hrs 7 days like in my first post i said. thank you all that didn't stray from the path of wetting the bed the rest of you find another post. my husband is a plumber and a police officer he and i both would know if something was happening to her. yes we moved in the past 6 months due to being poisoned by carbon monoxide for almost 2 yrs. and i called the ped and she said we have to do an MRI of her brain b/c she can have lesions from the posioning. Why does everyhting have to result from abuse?

Well I'm not going to beat around Robinhood's barn, you posted either to vent or to get some insight on this matter, now you have to give us something to work with , or we wouldn't waste our time when it's easier to move on to another thread..
When you have a short fuse on strangers (like us here at CD)people ,
you can make us a little nervous; if you will behave this way with us
then how are you with those who are closest to you?
Well what is the problem with you being so fed up, if this baby may have some possible side effects from the carbon monoxide poisioning
No one here is trying to accuse you of abuse, at least I'm not, I'm saying that you may need to find another way to react to her urinating.
or else folks will start to think that you are being way too harsh. I mean
even when a mother does get fed up, then what?
You told us that she was at school 3 days a week for at least 2 hrs. and was fine there...so what would you tell someone else that was having this problem with their toddler. and no i don't think she's sitting somewhere trying to play games with you for power. kids may do that to parents that are pushovers.
There is something else going on and you are going to need a calm and level
head about it, so that you don't stress yourself anymore than you already have. this is not the end of the world and you have some very nice and expeienced mothers , grandmothers on here that are willing to be here for you, there's no need to bite, it's going to be okay, this is justone of many obstacles
that we have to go through bringing up children, I always say
to my kids "if you're going to freak out and lose it now, what are you going to do when they are teens and start rebelling".
Do me a favor and go easy on her and yourself and the hubby and us.
the end of the world is not here yet. take some time for yourself and go
out to lunch with some friends, or do something nice for yourself (me time)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson11 View Post
oh and with grandma, grandma has this thing to where my daughter sleeps in her bed all the time with her, my mom feeds her, takes her potty, does everything for her! i've taken measures to where she doesn't see my mom. she treats her like a baby i'm wondering if this also has some thing to do with it. but i dont know how to talk it through with my mom that treating her like a baby is ruining her.

The same way that you are talking it through here should be fine

Old 05-26-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I would wake her up several times a night and drag her into the bathroom.
After making her get up a few time a night for a while, she will decide it's easier to do things right....
When she does pee elsewhere, make her clean it up. Notice I didn't say, "Had an accident", because it's no accident..!
Right now, she owns you... time to take control....

Like another poster stated, she's just 41/2 it's noy the child vs. you
she's not on your level , and I hope that you are not on hers.
why would you "drag her into the bathroom" when it's just as easy to encourage her, how many people do you know that are fully alert
after being woke up several times a night? just be dragged somewhere
a loving approach should work just fine. besides if she had to go that many times why didn't you let her wear a pull up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting