Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:01 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times

Advertisements

I recently purchased an IPod and it embarasses my 15YO to no end when I refer to it as my "pod". He can't stand it. I don't know why it is such a big deal to him, but whenever I want to get a rise out of him, I just pull it out in public and make eye contact with him and he gives me the "please, no, not here" look.

What do you do that causes embarassment to your children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 12:07 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
oh my son is too young, but i just cant wait to embarrass him!!! lol

Old 08-16-2009, 12:20 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,946,839 times
::snickers:: take em to walmart

Old 08-16-2009, 12:26 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
::snickers:: take em to walmart
Oh, yes, Walmart. I once was in the lingerie section whith my DS (do they even call it "lingerie" at Walmart?!) and I started holding up the cotton big momma panties, inspecting them as though I was looking to buy them.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:44 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,946,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Oh, yes, Walmart. I once was in the lingerie section whith my DS (do they even call it "lingerie" at Walmart?!) and I started holding up the cotton big momma panties, inspecting them as though I was looking to buy them.

::CHOKES:: yer so bad

Old 08-16-2009, 12:50 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
my sister and I (the kids aunt ) embarassed my boys by buying feminine products and then the store would need to do a price check , yes this was yrs ago but still funny . You should have seen the red on their face when the store needed a price check ,priceless .

Old 08-16-2009, 12:53 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
I try not to embarrass them on purpose but honestly, we tend to be a pretty goofy with each other and no one gets embarrassed that easily. DS gets more easily embarrassed than DD. We do threaten to embarrass - and when my kids were younger they would never be quite sure whether we would actually do it or not (they were pretty sure we wouldn't but that little tiny bit of doubt was just enough!)....I used to tell my DD I would show up at her middle school dance dressed like Brittney Spears with a big sign on my behind that said "XXX's MOM!" if she didn't walk the straight and narrow....we would laugh about it all the time....DD is kind of goofy and good about laughing at herself. Some of the things that come out of her mouth are so off the wall....she is used to it so doesnt' get embarrassed by it at all (she gets that from her dad)....DS is more introspective and more easily embarrassed. He doesn't mind being seen at WalMart but if I go into the makeup aisle to grab some mascara or something he won't go at all - even for a second. He'll just catch me later in the electronic section...LOL. I do tease him about it though....we have a good time. If I went into the "lingerie" section? I can't even imagine! He would be horrified! LOL

Old 08-16-2009, 01:16 PM

751 posts, read 2,480,999 times
My kids are 8 and 9, so they aren't at the good embarassing age yet. But it's funny, as much as they always want me to tell other people about stuff they do, they always get kind of embarassed.

Like when my 8 year old wiped out big time while walking the dog. I mean the kid was airborn, how can I not be dramatic when talking about it. So he always buries his head in my side.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:30 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
My son is 15 (16 in Nov) and I have not had the priviledge of embarassing him outside of singing in the car, however, when grades start to slip I do threaten to come to his school and sit in class with him. ONLY my attire is:

Blonde wig (my hair is black)
Buck teeth inserts
Flip flops
Bermuda shorts or jeans with the "muffin top"
And a tee shirt that has the finger pointing and says "I'm with stupid" only I would have a sign that read his real name!

Since I actually have these items (from past Halloween parties) he knows I am capable of doing it should the need arise!

Old 08-16-2009, 02:06 PM

758 posts, read 1,872,076 times
My son's (11) friend comes over all the time and when he shows up my DH always greets him the same way "What's up Dawg?" or "What's up homey?", they think it's funny but my 15yr old thinks he's trying to be cool and thinks he's serious so she gets very embarassed if she has friends over who hear this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting