Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 07:38 PM

15 posts, read 21,610 times

Advertisements

the other day my boyfriends sister brought her 2 kids over for a visit. she asked if she could look something up on the computer and while she was in the other room her son who is 4 years old was in the play room with my 3 year old daughter and 2 year old son. i always go out of my way to baby her kids because they have been through a lot.
Last spring my boyfriends sister lost her kids to the state for neglect and subjecting them to domestic violence. she has a drug problem and her boyfriend is in and out of jail for beating her up and possession all of the time. She doesnt even have custody of the kids and I dont even think she has unsupervised visits yet. her kids were places with her mom who is a real piece of trash. all she wants the kids for is the money she gets from the state.

Anyways back to my point...
Her 4 year old acts a little too sexually suggestive with other kids. this one time he was wrestling around with my daughter who is only about 8 months younger than him. he pinned her on the ground, threw er legs up on his shoulders and acted like he was humping her. Another time they were crawling around in the play tunnel and he came up behind her and licked her butt in a sexual way.
My boyfriend had a little talk with him about good touch ad bad touch and he mentioned that he does that to mommy and his daddy (mothers bf not his real dad) taught him that. The grandmother that has custody of him doesnt pay any attention to these kids. she is too busy going out meeting men off the computer and when she isnt doing that she is locked in her bedroom having cyber sex with some guy in Chicago (no joke).
i am really concerned that this little boy is being messed with and i dont know if i should report it to the authorities or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 07:44 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,752,445 times
Please help this children. They are young enough that they may be adopted.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:53 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,985,792 times
Well, if I'm understanding correctly, his parents already lost custody, right? And now he's staying with the grandmother? If the father was the one putting these sexual ideas into his head and now he is in jail, then he does not have visitation, right?

Unfortunately, you can't really do anything about the grandmother not really wanting them, as long as they're fed and clothed and not being neglected. I assume that while she's going off to meet men, she leaves them with a babysitter?

I mean, you could call if you want to, but if there's no neglect or abuse going on, they're not going to do anything about it.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:58 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,276,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
Well, if I'm understanding correctly, his parents already lost custody, right? And now he's staying with the grandmother? If the father was the one putting these sexual ideas into his head and now he is in jail, then he does not have visitation, right?

Unfortunately, you can't really do anything about the grandmother not really wanting them, as long as they're fed and clothed and not being neglected. I assume that while she's going off to meet men, she leaves them with a babysitter?

I mean, you could call if you want to, but if there's no neglect or abuse going on, they're not going to do anything about it.
Well it certainly sounds like there is some sexual abuse going on. I would call and report what you have witnessed and what the little boy told you. That is very inappropriate. Poor kids. Be careful and good luck. These don't sound like nice people.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:08 PM

733 posts, read 1,928,873 times
you need to report to CPS what you witnessed. That is wrong in so many ways, and that child needs to go elsewhere, away from mom, step dad, and grandmother, if that is the sort of things he is doing......

so wrong......

Old 03-04-2009, 08:11 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,068,429 times
I would have called immediately. Somebody needs to protect those kids.

Abuse doesn't necessarily mean beating, and neglect doesn't always mean pushed to the side. It isn't that black and white.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:12 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,852,301 times
If you are worried about being found out. call in by proxy, in other words ask a friend to call in while you are present that way you can answer all questions posed and they can honestly keep your name out.
CALL no matter what. the kid needs help in the form of professional help now. the CPS in the area needs to know they esp the boy are exhibiting signs of sexual abuse or at the least being taught by example ( watching) the action occur. I don't know the whole story but my brother dated this lady who was trying to adopt a little girl who was in such a situation. the little girl had to go through counciling, could never be left alone with any male (no matter how old). I babysat for a week one time and this poor little girl had terrible nightmares and night wets (wetting the bed). I felt so horrid for her.
Please try to find a way to take action or at least get official action started again. Write a letter if nothing else can be done. If you can get a photo or video of his actions or talking in a public area.... send that in to the agency.
There are things that can be done if the children emotional needs and stability are not being met, especially if it was required by the court for the Gmother to tend to. If not, asking the CPS agency to petition for pschic help for the child.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:14 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Yea, I think I would make a call and describe the behavior and leave it with DCF. If they do something then that of course up to them ultimately but it sounds like something BAD is going on.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:26 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,028,983 times
I would call.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:29 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
If you are hesitating because of your boyfriend, then understand that your report is treated as confidential although he might be able to guess its you. I would hope he would be more concerned about the children then that though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting