Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:58 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,563,630 times

Advertisements

my heart goes out to you because I can understand having to be this hard on a love one.

But in reality I would kick her out on her head. You shouldnt have let this go on this long so you are going to have to do extra to remove her from your home.

I would give her a 30 day notice and file an eviction notice.

I would also give her living hell for the next 30 days...no food in the house,cable, money. Nothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 10:08 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,785,784 times
^^^That's stupid. She can similarly retaliate and make the mother's life a living hell for 30 days. Just file and let her go. You can also let her therapist know and ask that the doctor suggest programs that can help her with housing and rehab. The girl isn't evil she's just tryingto self medicate her underlying problems. Good motive, bad solution. She probably wouldn't be taking drugs had she sought help years before.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:16 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,604,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post

I would also give her living hell for the next 30 days...no food in the house,cable, money. Nothing
Two wrongs don't make it right Treating 30-somethings like you do those under 18 doesn't have the same effect. Taking things away like cable and food for a certain period of time (like you do with kids and their toys) isn't going to stop someone from using drugs or trying to burn the house down.

However, I will concede that money shouldn't be handed over.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:22 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,342,593 times
Don't bother with the paperwork. Change the lock. She has to provide proof that she lived there for 9 months. If nothing is in her name (util etc) she has no proof. You don't need to go to court for this.
File a police report for the stolen property to CYA. Any police action on a property is the legal doorway to automatic eviction.

I agree though on the therapy. You don't get well when you are using. I would offer her a rehab option at a halfway house. Maybe someone's crappy life story will help her wise up to stop being a mess around.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:53 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,079,557 times
I can't beleive the police would tell you she had to be evicted. It is not suprising though.

Call the cops, or kick her out. At least in jail she might realize that drugs are not the best choice in life; as long as you don't cave, and bail her out in 1 week.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
I can't beleive the police would tell you she had to be evicted. It is not suprising though.

Call the cops, or kick her out. At least in jail she might realize that drugs are not the best choice in life; as long as you don't cave, and bail her out in 1 week.
Your saying that just made me wonder......

OP, did the cops not care about the drugs?

Old 12-08-2009, 11:22 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,079,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Your saying that just made me wonder......

OP, did the cops not care about the drugs?
She didn't say anything about it to the cops, I would bet.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
She didn't say anything about it to the cops, I would bet.
Probably not, because I have a hard time believing that a cop would just overlook it and tell mom to file an eviction notice and basically take care of it on her own....

Old 12-08-2009, 12:30 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,851,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Tell her she has to leave, and if she doesn't listen you could call the police on her for trespassing, couldn't you?
Why do people think the police are there to parent...to do the things that you failed as a parent.

you knew she had problems before you let her back in...that was the time you have had that little chat with her to set down rules and expectations.

one day she will have to grow up, and one day you will have to finally act as a parent should.

If you really dont know what needs to be done in respect to your daughter, your County should have Health and Human Services department to where you can get parenting advise and instuction...because your daughter wil never grow until you do...you are in a stagnate stalemate in your lives and you are going to have to change before the she follows.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:39 PM

14,228 posts, read 30,153,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srew View Post
My Daughter is 31 and moved back in with me 9 months ago. She has since started using drugs, stealing from me and making the house dangerous to live in because she keeps over loading the circuts by hooking up to much on one plug. She has cause a small fire twice by knocking over candels and leaving stuff on the stove. The police have been here before and I told them that I want her to leave and they say I have to evict her. she has no lease and pays no rent. Is this true? She is seeing a therpist but it does not seem to be helping.
I'm glad you are doing what needs to be done to get her out of your house.

Check on this when you are looking into your other legal issues but I believe you are in danger of losing your home and other possessions. If you knowingly allow her to live there and bring drugs into your home, it can be taken away from you.

Be careful and once she is out, don't let her back in no matter how sad the story is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting