Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:18 AM

70 posts, read 265,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I forget the year but not the date. Dd#2 was born on 12/24/97 and I keep putting down 1998.

This is OT but what are you supposed to do if you don't get a census form? I got a letter telling me I'd be getting one in a week, two weeks ago, but I have yet to get the form. Is there somewhere online you can go to submit the information if you don't get the form?
Unfortunately you can't fill out the form online yet, the website says it's looking into that option in the future. I wish you could to. I keep forgetting to fill mine out and mail it. I've gotten one warning letter already. Can they really prosecute you for not returning your form?

Anyways, here's the website, maybe you can request they mail you a new form if you haven't gotten one already.

2010 Census
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 10:44 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,817,843 times
Oh gosh, I have trouble remembering my birthday when someone asks me, let alone my 3 kids. Then they have to go ahead and ask my husband's birthday too, just to see me stutter some more.

Mom brain, ain't that the truth?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:48 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,481,058 times
DOB? Heck, I'd be happy to get their names right on the first try! When talking to one of them, I often end up going through the possibilities....I have even started getting the dog's name in the mix...

Old 03-25-2010, 10:52 AM

426 posts, read 792,206 times
My mom remembers our birthday's but it's our names that she would mix up and there are only 2 of us!

Old 03-25-2010, 10:57 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,696,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88txaggie View Post
yep. used to blame mom brain, but my youngest is 6 (and I only have 2!) My mind was a steel trap, now I have a brain like a steel sieve.....*sigh*
That's funny. I used to remember every birthday of grandparents, parents, sisters, brothers, friends, acquaintences but these days, I'm lucky when I can remember my own.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:18 AM

758 posts, read 1,873,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
DOB? Heck, I'd be happy to get their names right on the first try! When talking to one of them, I often end up going through the possibilities....I have even started getting the dog's name in the mix...

I used to laugh at my grandma for blending my sister's and my name together, it sounded like Ma-hairy! Now I do the same thing with my kids! It doesn't sound quite as good as Ma-hairy so I just tell them "you know who you are"!

I haven't mixed the dog in there yet but give me time and I'm sure I will!

Old 03-25-2010, 11:23 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,481,058 times
Yeah....well, I have a boy and a girl....my son gets a bit irritated to be called by his sister's name (or the dog's name since she is a girl too..."Macie" is the dog btw)....I know who I'm talking about but what I know and what comes out of my mouth are sometimes not the same...

Old 03-25-2010, 11:32 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,961,186 times
This is when having only one kid comes in handy

Although just last night my son pointed out I sometimes get his name and my husband's mixed up. I haven't mixed him up with the dog yet though!

Old 03-25-2010, 11:37 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,696,650 times
When I was young, my grandmother used to stand on the porch and call for my brother when she was over. ALWAYS she called the names of my uncles and only my brother's when we smart girls reminded her who it was she wanted at the moment.

I couldn't figure out why she seemed so confused. HA, Now I know.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:20 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,620,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skahar View Post
My problem may be similar he was due on March 5th, which is my FIL's birthday and the day my DH and I started dating, so the day he was due had significance but he decided he wanted to come in Feb. Just making sure he had his own special day!

Thanks to those who have similar problems, misery loves company and all!
That could easily be the culprit! All of mine came 2-3 weeks before due date and 2 of the 4 arrived in the month before they were due too so I know how that goes. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting