Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 06:46 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,064,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
We've just stopped answering the phone when they call, I think they are starting to get the point. They actually asked me to watch him on Monday Mem Day, I said no way in you know where am I watching that kid for 4 hours+ on my holiday off. To me even ask someone to watch him on Mem. Day just shows how stupid they are.
Are you EVER going to have a conversation with them or are you just not going to answer the phone....forever. Come on....you guys are adults. Set some boundaries and limits and let them know what they are. FE, "Hey....it's been difficult for us to watch your kids so often but we are willing to still help you out 3 days/evenings a month. We aren't going to be available weekends or holidays but I'm sure we can work something out other times." If you don't want to watch the kid ever, tell them so.

Be direct, they will really get the point that way and be able to make other arrangements instead of calling and wondering why you never answer...while you sit at home talking about them and their kid behind their back.....that's just immature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 08:50 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Are you EVER going to have a conversation with them or are you just not going to answer the phone....forever. Come on....you guys are adults. Set some boundaries and limits and let them know what they are. FE, "Hey....it's been difficult for us to watch your kids so often but we are willing to still help you out 3 days/evenings a month. We aren't going to be available weekends or holidays but I'm sure we can work something out other times." If you don't want to watch the kid ever, tell them so.

Be direct, they will really get the point that way and be able to make other arrangements instead of calling and wondering why you never answer...while you sit at home talking about them and their kid behind their back.....that's just immature.

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear, I had told them directly but they still go around me and ask my wife and she can't say no to family for some odd reason. Some nerve on these people.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:58 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,064,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear, I had told them directly but they still go around me and ask my wife and she can't say no to family for some odd reason. Some nerve on these people.
I don't know what else to say then....your wife needs to grow a pair. Want me to loan her mine??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting