Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 07:57 AM

152 posts, read 321,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Thanks for all the info. I'm in Pittsburgh now and will be in Chambersburg tomorrow probably around noon or so.Hopefully the storm damage isn't too bad and folks are OK.
chambersburg did fine through the storm, no real damage. It will be fine to come through the mountains . The worst of the storms hit east . And it was very unusual for this area, so don't think that's an everyday storm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 02:05 PM

Two more places to stop in at. 1. Good ta go. On orchard road.....beer by the bottle and light food. Good place to mix and mingle and find out info..even if you don't drink..nice little place which at times has alot of people. 2. Thee is an indoor shooting place...the name escapes me, as im at work now, but its near sollenberger road and the hamilton heights market(good subs btw)... the guy who owns it is a retired local cop, nice man, running for judge now, and between his customers and if he's thee, him....they can tell you alot. His name is Mann..might be glenn?....i'll try to post more info when i'm done with work. But you can look it up...it might be shooters delight?.?

Old 04-30-2011, 02:11 PM

Shooters range 1390 edenville road Chambersburg road....easy to get to if you come down 30..

Old 05-01-2011, 03:24 PM

Harrisburg Right to Bear Arms (Harrisburg, PA) - Meetup

this is a harrisburg area meet up which may interest you , and they can also help you out with area info i would think. It says they have 20 members.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:57 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times
Thanks again for the info. I just got home. Went through Chambersburg yesterday and took a look. Some very beautiful homes near the college. I didn't expect that. Couldn't stay as long as I would have liked to though plus it was raining pretty hard so I didn't get out of the car and walk around as much as I would have liked. I will be going back to the area this summer with the wife to look again and look at Carlisle, Mechanicsburg and Shippensburg.
Absolutely beautiful scenery coming through the mountains to the west! Drove into Buchanan State Forest and went to the lookout there. Even with the rain it was spectacular.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Thanks again for the info. I just got home. Went through Chambersburg yesterday and took a look. Some very beautiful homes near the college. I didn't expect that. Couldn't stay as long as I would have liked to though plus it was raining pretty hard so I didn't get out of the car and walk around as much as I would have liked. I will be going back to the area this summer with the wife to look again and look at Carlisle, Mechanicsburg and Shippensburg.
Absolutely beautiful scenery coming through the mountains to the west! Drove into Buchanan State Forest and went to the lookout there. Even with the rain it was spectacular.
It is very pretty , glad you went the scenic route, there are alot of options ....

Old 06-17-2011, 07:10 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times
We will be in Chambersburg on Monday, June 27th for a look around and leaving Tues afternoon. Anyone have suggestions on must see things? Where/who to talk to to get info about living in the area? I'll contact a few real estate places and see what they say but any other ideas? Thank you, all.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:56 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,823,631 times
roy pitz brewing is expanding
Mid Atlantic Brewing News August/September 2011

Old 12-09-2011, 09:08 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,823,631 times
On Tap « Good Ta Go
decent list
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania