Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 08:05 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,695,389 times

Advertisements

My two sons, my husband and I ate at The Burger Factory in Lewisburg last night. To say it was not crowded would be an understatement. There was a couple there when we got there. They left and another couple arrived while we were eating. One man was waiting for a takeout order when we left. I think someone came through the drive-through while we were there also.

This is a very much underutilized little gem of a restaurant. The four of us had burgers (two doubles and two singles), two orders of fries and four sodas and it came to just over $42, which I didn't think was bad at all.

The food was very tasty - the burgers were done just right and not dry, as so often happens with my family's preference for well done burgers. The fries were very good. The peanuts to eat beforehand were good, but some a bit burnt, and just roasted, not salted in the shell as some other restaurants' peanuts are.

Overall this was very much like a Five Guys, with burgers wrapped in foil and all the food served in a large paper sack brought to the table for us. The wait wasn't long considering the food was made fresh.

All in all, I'd rate this place a 9 out of 10 and recommend it highly. I noticed they also have hot dogs, salads, grilled cheese and possibly some other entrees on the menu. I just gave it a cursory glance so I can't tell you for sure what else was there, and I forgot to pick up a take-out menu as we left, which I had intended to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 04:36 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,918,101 times
Rumor has it the Burger Factory and the Mexican Rest. next door are going to be torn down and a car business being placed there. I'm sick and tired of car lots popping up everywhere. Shame they may be ending these two places

Old 03-25-2013, 07:42 AM

74 posts, read 179,733 times
If that's the one up on the hill by Wal-Mart, I can understand why they'd be gone. That's not exactly a prime location, and they've had a lot of turnover there.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:02 AM

They are difficult to get to there, but I think the Burger Factory is worth the effort.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:05 PM

Anyone know of they're still open or not? I tried their number and it just rang and rang so I'm guessing they've closed.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:40 PM

226 posts, read 761,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
Anyone know of they're still open or not? I tried their number and it just rang and rang so I'm guessing they've closed.
When by last week and they were open

Old 07-01-2013, 06:10 PM

Thanks. We were up that way for supper but in a time crunch, so just stopped at BK instead.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:47 AM

Just a quick follow-up on this. We were up Saturday for supper and there were sawhorses across both back entrances to the Burger Factory and the other place in there. So I guess they're closed for good.

We went to Lickety Split across from the super Wal-Mart and had a nice supper of subs and ice cream. Nice little place. Never been there before. Won't make it a regular hangout, but a nice place to go when in the neighborhood and looking for something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania