Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2016, 11:53 PM

486 posts, read 601,425 times

Advertisements

By the way, I guess I have something to announce.

I'm happy (and sad) to say that at the end of next month I will be moving from Erie, PA to Phoenix, AZ. I have family in Phoenix who have offered to let me stay with them while I search for a career in hospitality. I just graduated from Mercyhurst U, this past spring with a BA in that field.

I'm sad to leave Erie, because I really do like it, but the job market is not to good.

That being said, I will still very heavily post on this thread concerning Erie developments, but I may need some more help when it comes to stuff happening in Erie (trackstar13 I'm talking to you! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 04:20 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,596,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jFug View Post

I'm happy (and sad) to say that at the end of next month I will be moving from Erie, PA to Phoenix, AZ. I have family in Phoenix who have offered to let me stay with them while I search for a career in hospitality. I just graduated from Mercyhurst U, this past spring with a BA in that field.

I'm sad to leave Erie, because I really do like it, but the job market is not to good.

That being said, I will still very heavily post on this thread concerning Erie developments, but I may need some more help when it comes to stuff happening in Erie (trackstar13 I'm talking to you! )
Wow! This is sad news for me because this will just leave trackstar13 as our forum's resident Erie expert.

In any event I wish you the best of luck in Phoenix! Enjoy the sunshine!

Old 08-25-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Wow! This is sad news for me because this will just leave trackstar13 as our forum's resident Erie expert.

In any event I wish you the best of luck in Phoenix! Enjoy the sunshine!
Thank you!

Old 08-27-2016, 08:57 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Quote:

Good luck to you in your career and in your new home. I hope you find a great job!

Keeping up with the hometown news is easier these days, thanks to the interwebs -- I find sometimes I know more about what's going on in Erie than some of my friends do. When I moved away, my dad would save his newspapers and mail them to me once a week -- he did that for 20 years. Now there are so many Facebook pages -- I think I joined all of them! LOL --and other online news sources.

I wish the job market in Erie didn't suck so bad (otherwise I'd move back, too). It's been such a concern for so long, and it's always been one step forward, two steps back.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:16 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,856,722 times
Quote:

Sorry to see you go JFug and I can understand the Erie job market is rough. Hopefully when you come back for a visit the the Woody's Backwater BARge and Grill will be done and you can enjoy Erie's waterfront even more. It is nice to finally see the Erie bayfront taking shape and I am looking forward to a floating bar and hopefully more restaurants and shops in the near future.

Woody's Backwater BARge & Grill | Coming Soon!
Erie waterfront project advances as floating restaurant takes shape - GoErie.com - Erie, PA

Old 08-29-2016, 07:11 PM

The West Erie Plaza is getting another tenant soon! Local pastry bakery, Icing on the Lake, will be moving into the Plaza soon. The bakery is currently located on W. 12th out by the airport.

Also, the West Erie Plaza is starting to take shape with landscaping and other features.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:02 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,964,308 times
I like the play on words in the name of the bakery.

I also like what they're doing with the landscaping to break up that enormous parking lot a bit and give it a softer feel. I think that along with the shops at the Colony Plaza nearby, the West Erie Plaza could fill a niche for more upscale shopping.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:17 PM

661 posts, read 521,330 times
I might be wrong, but I'm nearly placing a bet that Erie can't re-achieve it's peak without re-industrialization. It can be the only way Erie and other similar towns can be saved. So, that's still very unlikely to happen, as reiterated countless times before.

I was born in '91, but Erie was probably a more interesting place to claim to live in until the '70s or '80s.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:21 PM

Lidl grocery store planned for West Erie Plaza - GoErie.com - Erie, PA

Another win for the West Erie Plaza. Today it was announced that Lidl, a German discount grocery store chain, is moving into the plaza!

"The 35,962-square-foot store would be built on the south end of the West Erie Plaza, in the location of the former Good Cents grocery store..."

Old 09-04-2016, 10:47 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Right down the street from Aldi. That should be interesting ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania