Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:17 AM

1,130 posts, read 1,571,713 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, anybody know of any nice resales or acreage for sale from the Hawley to Scranton area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2006, 09:40 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Hey there Rosanna! Whatever happened to Tink-Wig; I was under the impression that you and your husband had purchased a building lot here and had your modular home plan chosen already? Did that fall through?

Old 12-04-2006, 09:56 AM

Red face Things are changing everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Hey there Rosanna! Whatever happened to Tink-Wig; I was under the impression that you and your husband had purchased a building lot here and had your modular home plan chosen already? Did that fall through?
The seller for that Tink-Wig property was not doing what he had promised so the deal is off. We are getting our deposit money back.
The quotes from the contractors for site work are outrageous so far.
One quote was for $87,000 just to do the clearing of the prop., the excavating for the basement, the basement itself...
We will see if we can be our own GC. My husband's brother is a contractor in NY and he said he will do alot of the work for us.

We are coming up Jan. 12 to look at resales and more property now.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:32 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,827 times
I guess not all the crooks are in FL!!

Old 12-04-2006, 07:00 PM

Default They are everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
I guess not all the crooks are in FL!!
You just have to know who not to choose.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,590 times
Default Lake Wallenpaupack, Hawley PA

We have our home for sale between Hawley and Tafton. Check out this link:
http://www.poconoprimitives.com/houseforsale.htm (broken link)

Old 12-04-2006, 07:26 PM

Default Hi Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnna View Post
We have our home for sale between Hawley and Tafton. Check out this link:
http://www.poconoprimitives.com/houseforsale.htm (broken link)
If it's over $199,000 it's out of our price range.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:17 PM

487 posts, read 1,374,632 times
If you liked Tink-Wig, you might like Tanglewood North. There are ski lifts within the development with decent property sizes. HOA dues are not outrageous. Sky View Lake Estates in Greentown (just south of Promised Land State Park) has many nice 1/2 acre lots to choose from. There's a modular home builder (Regent Homes) with three models to see in the development. Also has low HOA dues. Sorry Tink-Wig fell through...

Old 12-07-2006, 03:02 PM

Default Everything happens for a reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfrancone View Post
If you liked Tink-Wig, you might like Tanglewood North. There are ski lifts within the development with decent property sizes. HOA dues are not outrageous. Sky View Lake Estates in Greentown (just south of Promised Land State Park) has many nice 1/2 acre lots to choose from. There's a modular home builder (Regent Homes) with three models to see in the development. Also has low HOA dues. Sorry Tink-Wig fell through...
We looked at lots in Tanglewood North and saw a few nice ones.
We want an acre or more. We spoke to the owner of Regent Homes and his Site work fees are outrageous. He wants $87,000 just to do the site work for the modulars. Rediculous! We may just end up doing the site work ourselves as our own Gen. Contractors.
The Tink-Wig lot seller was not a smart seller. He's the one who lost out.
There are plenty of properties available at better prices!!!
I am thinking positively about everthing!!
It's i God's hands

Old 12-07-2006, 04:47 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,340,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
Hey guys, anybody know of any nice resales or acreage for sale from the Hawley to Scranton area?
Well, pooh - I thought you'd already bought the house and were just waiting to get yours closed - bummer. Altho, I'd rather be looking than still trying to sell in this ecomony and time of year. From what I understand, it's a "buyer's" market, whatever that means. Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania