Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 02:56 PM

85 posts, read 46,506 times

Advertisements

Anyone else looking forward to the debate tomorrow? Should be great theater. It really a great opportunity for Fetterman to prove his critics wrong and for Oz to expose Fetterman. Should be interesting to see who prevails.

Old 10-24-2022, 03:31 PM

8,097 posts, read 7,467,481 times
I'm looking forward to it. Too bad they didn't do this weeks ago, before early voting started, but that's how it goes.

Hopefully the people who already voted are the deeply partisan types who would vote for a ham sandwich if it had the correct letter after its name.

Old 10-25-2022, 03:12 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,457,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
I'm looking forward to it. Too bad they didn't do this weeks ago, before early voting started, but that's how it goes.

Hopefully the people who already voted are the deeply partisan types who would vote for a ham sandwich if it had the correct letter after its name.
Ham reminds me of Thanksgiving dinners back in Lycoming County. This was back before our state was quite so divided. My aunt made a mean Dutch ham and green bean dish. These days, we are so divided that rather than celebrating what brings us together like delicious Pennsylvania Dutch inspired meals, we have certain Pennsylvanians vilifying their neighbors and claiming they'd vote for ham sandwiches. Ham sandwiches can't even run for office in Pennsylvania.

Old 10-25-2022, 05:20 AM

14,216 posts, read 9,113,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Ham reminds me of Thanksgiving dinners back in Lycoming County. This was back before our state was quite so divided. My aunt made a mean Dutch ham and green bean dish. These days, we are so divided that rather than celebrating what brings us together like delicious Pennsylvania Dutch inspired meals, we have certain Pennsylvanians vilifying their neighbors and claiming they'd vote for ham sandwiches. Ham sandwiches can't even run for office in Pennsylvania.
But I'll bet that somewhere in this state, a district attorney is being slammed because they can't indict one. Guess they're still perfectly capable of committing crime. In which case, why is no one talking about this problem?

Old 10-25-2022, 07:17 AM

1,399 posts, read 922,778 times
Quote:

That's definitely the case. I'm still undecided and will be watching intently tonight, mostly at Fetterman since he is who I am undecided about. I vote in person anyway, but if I voted by mail, there's no way I would have mailed in a ballot before this debate.

Remember, at least 80% of the electorate are no better than trained monkey who only know how to pull one level (regardless of which one...). That's plenty of people who can vote early and it makes no difference what happens tonight.

Old 10-25-2022, 09:32 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,457,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
That's definitely the case. I'm still undecided and will be watching intently tonight, mostly at Fetterman since he is who I am undecided about. I vote in person anyway, but if I voted by mail, there's no way I would have mailed in a ballot before this debate.

Remember, at least 80% of the electorate are no better than trained monkey who only know how to pull one level (regardless of which one...). That's plenty of people who can vote early and it makes no difference what happens tonight.
Which leads me to wonder: is jtab a persuadable?

Old 10-25-2022, 10:10 AM

8,097 posts, read 7,467,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Which leads me to wonder: is jtab a persuadable?
LOL I'll take it as a compliment that you're even wondering. Let's see how persuasive Fetterman can be.

Old 10-25-2022, 10:25 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,022,051 times
I would hope they have someone monitoring the Electronic Display to be done by a Independent third Party, to ensure what is being done by a staffer, to be sure the question is displayed as asked, the the reply is what he said, nothing from his taking point statements or his Binders/Note cards, no filling in missing words.

What is displayed should also be displayed to the TV/Live Feed.

Old 10-25-2022, 10:39 AM

85 posts, read 46,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
I would hope they have someone monitoring the Electronic Display to be done by a Independent third Party, to ensure what is being done by a staffer, to be sure the question is displayed as asked, the the reply is what he said, nothing from his taking point statements or his Binders/Note cards, no filling in missing words.

What is displayed should also be displayed to the TV/Live Feed.
Totally agree

Old 10-25-2022, 11:41 AM

9,366 posts, read 13,028,693 times
Quote:
LOL I'll take it as a compliment that you're even wondering. Let's see how persuasive Fetterman can be.
I often disagree with your posts, but you don’t strike me as a hard-liner, and I believe your positions usually reflect deeper thinking and nuance.

While I’m not a persuadable, because I will readily take recovering-stroke-patient-Fetterman over fit-as-a-fiddle-Oz, I am interested in seeing how he performs in tonight’s debate (and I can’t fault other people for giving Fetterman’s health more weight than I personally do).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania