Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:20 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,591,308 times

Advertisements

I think he would personally be going to the unplowed streets and plowing them himself. His actions in Braddock would put Ravenstahl to shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 09:33 PM

14 posts, read 35,185 times
Agreed. He's got my vote for county commish once Onorato is governor.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:15 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
He should run for County Commissioner because I can't vote for Mayor since I'm in the suburbs.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:10 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,631,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytheturtle View Post
Agreed. He's got my vote for county commish once Onorato is governor.
I would too, but I hope Onorato doesn't become governor either.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:23 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
I would too, but I hope Onorato doesn't become governor either.
Fetterman should just run for Governor. Problem solved.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:02 AM

783 posts, read 2,022,164 times
Fetterman would ruin Pittsburgh. There is no evidence, none, that he has personally been responsible for any major changes in Braddock. He takes credit for a lot, but the evidence shows otherwise. All he has been able to do is get a few grants tossed his way. Other than begging for handouts like a homeless person, what has he done to actually bring investment into Braddock? Nothing. He's an overrated ivy league liberal with a hero complex that thinks he alone has all the answers to solve the world's problems. He's the fat, white version of Barack Obama.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:03 AM

780 posts, read 1,384,729 times
But would he be up in the Laurel Highlands partying down on his 30th birthday on the eve of a pretty big snowstorm that he most likely new would leave him snowed in for at least a day. Granted, the snow forecast for this area was off last weekend but, they predicted a lot more snow in the laurel highlands than here, no matter what. But hey, you got to have priorities, right? The more I see of Raven*******, the more I think he is just a snot nosed kid way over his head.

And his publicity stunt last night on the news making his way personally to the the hospice lady, all in front of the News cameras....of course. Start doing that stuff when there are no news cameras around then people will start thinking a little better about you. Word will get out eventually if you do it that way, the right way. Was kind of funny seeing him get an earful from that older lady on the news though. Serves him right, no matter if she was wrong or not.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:13 AM

783 posts, read 2,022,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hempfield mania View Post
But would he be up in the Laurel Highlands partying down on his 30th birthday on the eve of a pretty big snowstorm that he most likely new would leave him snowed in for at least a day. Granted, the snow forecast for this area was off last weekend but, they predicted a lot more snow in the laurel highlands than here, no matter what. But hey, you got to have priorities, right? The more I see of Raven*******, the more I think he is just a snot nosed kid way over his head.

And his publicity stunt last night on the news making his way personally to the the hospice lady, all in front of the News cameras....of course. Start doing that stuff when there are no news cameras around then people will start thinking a little better about you. Word will get out eventually if you do it that way, the right way. Was kind of funny seeing him get an earful from that older lady on the news though. Serves him right, no matter if she was wrong or not.
I think it was two years ago that we got hit with a big snowstorm and people were complaining about the lack of plowing on the streets....I saw a live interview with Mayor Luke about this on tv and when the reporter asked where in the city he was he said "Uhh, uhhh, actually I'm in Paris at the moment..." Classic Mayor Luke. At least he was in the region this time. He's growing up. I'm sure we'll read a story soon about how he "borrowed" a city plow to take some bimbo to a Toby Keith concert.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:43 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
He'll be Mayor as long as he wants.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:39 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times
Of course one more guy with a plow wouldn't make much of a dent.

I like Fetterman, but this is a logistics issue. In fact mostly it isn't really a mayor-level issue: the person in charge of day-to-day operations should be someone who does this sort of thing full time, and the mayor's role is really going to be more about having such a person in place, helping them get the equipment and manpower they need, and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh