Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump or Biden
Trump 87 43.50%
Biden 97 48.50%
Undecided 2 1.00%
Other Person 5 2.50%
Not Voting 9 4.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 12:28 PM

2,236 posts, read 1,122,273 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately, Joe. I only say this because I prefer Kamala over all of the other candidates, including Biden.

Old 10-08-2020, 06:20 PM

325 posts, read 368,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
Biden will be controlled by Harris,AOC and Bernie's policies,need I say more
And Trump is controlled by Putin. Need I say more?

Old 10-09-2020, 07:32 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,905,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Even Congressman Matt Cartwright (D-08/Scranton) is now running TV ads saying he wants to bring back jobs to this country and especially to resume manufacturing drugs in this country, "not China". I'm happy to see both sides fighting over who is more pro-American worker, for a change.

I'd be more than happy to argue all night and all day over who is the better Presidential candidate for bringing manufacturing back to the U.S. but I think we'd get this thread shut down if we tried it here.
Nobody is bringing manufacturing back to the US. China has limited environmental and labor standards and the supply chains are already set up with a heavy China presence. The best bet is to manufacture new "stuff" (solar panels, wind turbines...) in the US.

Old 10-09-2020, 07:36 AM

1,398 posts, read 915,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Probably Libertarian again. I refuse to let Kamala Harris near the presidency, but Trump is too awful of a human to have that office either.
This, although obviously Jo has no chance to actually win. Since Trump bitched out of the next debate, I wish they'd let her debate Biden instead of just having a Biden town hall.

Justin Amash is the leader the country really needs. I hope he starts campaigning for 2024 on Nov 4.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:32 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,524,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Probably Libertarian again. I refuse to let Kamala Harris near the presidency, but Trump is too awful of a human to have that office either.
By voting for any candidate who is not Biden or Trump, you are effectively relinquishing any power you have over electing the next president.

Old 10-09-2020, 08:40 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,920,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNgFooCj View Post
By voting for any candidate who is not Biden or Trump, you are effectively relinquishing any power you have over electing the next president.

I know very well what I'm doing, don't try to patronize me.

Old 10-09-2020, 09:01 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,520,181 times
I will never understand why small towns across PA believe in the GOP still. Every time the GOP gets control of congress they cut taxes for major corporations, they limit support to our state and local governments, and they sure as heck don't bring jobs back to PA. I guess just yelling "Obama and Hillary are coming to take your guns!" for years works eventually.

Modern day right-libertarianism is a reactionary counter response to the rise of the neo-conservative movement. The idea that technology and forces of change should not be regulated to prevent monopolies in industry, when we already have a government so hamstrung it can't prevent monopolization in every industry, is wrong imo. Libertarians like Justin Amish advocate that the pre-existing healthcare mandate should be removed. For what? So that corporations won't be saddled with the burden of paying for the most sick. There is no magical free market force that would rise an offer an affordable alternative. While the middle class has lost billions and billions of dollars worth of wealth through the pandemic the richest few hundred have pocketed it. It's a rigged system. There is no free market in this world to participate in. PA would crater.

This election is much more than policy to me though. It is about deciding what kind of society do we want. Trump has spent all morning tweeting about "Religion, Guns, and Oil!". As if those three things are automatically put together. Trump isn't a conservative, or a libertarian, or a liberal. He is an authoritarian who uses Fox News as the fourth branch of the government. Pennsylvania would be wise not to buy into the BS of a two-bit con artist again. Not one of his policies benefits the majority of us.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:26 AM

8,079 posts, read 7,444,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj View Post
Nobody is bringing manufacturing back to the US. China has limited environmental and labor standards and the supply chains are already set up with a heavy China presence. The best bet is to manufacture new "stuff" (solar panels, wind turbines...) in the US.
Sorry, that's a Biden mentality. Even Democrat Matt Cartwright (08-Scranton) "says" he wants to bring manufacturing jobs back to the U.S.

I recently bought a Maytag washer, made in U.S.A. I tried to also buy a Maytag electric range but the factory was too backed up with orders, so I settled for a GE "assembled in USA" model. Everyday things are made in the USA, not just "fancy" items. If you are pro-American worker then why are you buying a Samsung, Haier, or LG washer?

Pharmaceuticals used to be manufactured in New Jersey and Puerto Rico. They are almost all manufactured in China now. And we run short of antibiotics and other lifesaving drugs during a pandemic, which come out of China with some regularity. Why do we put up with that?

Bill Clinton signed legislation passed by a Republican congress in 1996 that began phasing out Puerto Rico's tax favorability for pharmaceutical manufacturing. That opened the door for those jobs to be shipped to China. What are our leaders doing to bring those jobs back? Puerto Rico is in a shambles and needs billions of dollars in aid to rebuild after a hurricane that happened years ago. If they still had industrial jobs they could rebuild on their own, with much less federal help.

Old 10-09-2020, 03:06 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
PLEASE! Keep this about Pennsylvania. I think the poll is great but if we can't keep the talk about how the election affects Pennsylvania, then it will be closed.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-10-2020, 08:21 PM

7,271 posts, read 10,601,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I will never understand why small towns across PA believe in the GOP still. Every time the GOP gets control of congress they cut taxes for major corporations, they limit support to our state and local governments, and they sure as heck don't bring jobs back to PA. I guess just yelling "Obama and Hillary are coming to take your guns!" for years works eventually.
Great post, I agree wholeheartedly.

It's ironic and just plain sad, too, that the most economically abysmal and struggling parts of Pennsylvania have bought so gullably into conservative politics.

The GOP couldn't care less about white working-class voters, most of whom vote in ridiculously large numbers for Republicans. But no, because they're "sticking it" to Pelosi or the "crazy liberals" or whatever other bullsh*t the orange man says, that's all that counts.

Four years later, these down-on-their-luck rural towns are in the same damn place they were in 2016, no matter how much they delude themselves into thinking otherwise. TRUMP BROUGHT BACK 5 COAL JOBS, they'll say.

Good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania