Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2022, 09:04 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,460,494 times

Advertisements

Why is a thread about state-wide elections devolving into conspiratorial ramblings re: migrant caravans and George Soros? Like, what? LOL!

I'm getting so pumped about the upcoming election. For senate, I am *REALLY* enthusiastic about Fetterman. Despite a few flaws, I think he so embodies what it means to be a for-the-people Democrat. I think he is really going to energize some otherwise disaffected voters, especially in the Pittsburgh area. I also find Oz to be a completely tacky choice on the Republican side. Who really thinks this guy cares about them at all?

In the gubernatorial race, I am lukewarm about Shaprio at best. However, I am *REALLY* unenthusiastic about Mastriano. Like, I am genuinely concerned about accelerating the degradation of our democratic-republic if this guy is elected. Therefore, I am really energized to get Shapiro elected.

I have never gone canvassing for politicians, nor have I given them a cent of my modest income, but if this isn't the year to do so, I don't know when is. I am going all out for the future of Pennsylvania and our country this year!

Edit: I lied. I forgot that I once gave $15 to Bernie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2022, 09:12 AM

10,946 posts, read 4,610,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
I read the Newsweek story that accompanied that photo. Those T-shirts, btw, don't indicate that the wearers are supporters of Biden. Rather, they're pleading with him.

The story shows that he's getting it from both sides. But again, it also shows that we are not allowing "unrestricted immigration" from anywhere.

once again, show us (its online, I told you where) how many immigrate in any fashion for ALL SOURCES combined OTHER than the southern border. and then show us the KNOWN encounters at the southern border, keeping in mind the 863000-ish immigrants biden has already resettled into the US with paper 'notices to appear' some year in the future. is it 10:1 like I claimed?

yes or no. show your numbers. I did.

Old 06-04-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Why is a thread about state-wide elections devolving into conspiratorial ramblings re: migrant caravans and George Soros? Like, what? LOL!

I'm getting so pumped about the upcoming election. For senate, I am *REALLY* enthusiastic about Fetterman. Despite a few flaws, I think he so embodies what it means to be a for-the-people Democrat. I think he is really going to energize some otherwise disaffected voters, especially in the Pittsburgh area. I also find Oz to be a completely tacky choice on the Republican side. Who really thinks this guy cares about them at all?

In the gubernatorial race, I am lukewarm about Shaprio at best. However, I am *REALLY* unenthusiastic about Mastriano. Like, I am genuinely concerned about accelerating the degradation of our democratic-republic if this guy is elected. Therefore, I am really energized to get Shapiro elected.

I have never gone canvassing for politicians, nor have I given them a cent of my modest income, but if this isn't the year to do so, I don't know when is. I am going all out for the future of Pennsylvania and our country this year!

ask them. when it was pointed out before the election that lamb was gonna get plastered, they went beserk. when he did get plastered they doubled down, added a ton of 'but trump!' and here we are.

whereas wolf has eclipsed anything rendell ever did as gov to destroy the state, it is more important for the rebuilding of pa that fetterman NOT be a senator, than mastriano be a govner. anything else shows utter contempt for the people of pa.

ps: reynosa mx. I spelled it wrong. follow up report from mexico on the non existant caravans stuck there.

Old 06-04-2022, 09:45 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,460,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
ask them. when it was pointed out before the election that lamb was gonna get plastered, they went beserk. when he did get plastered they doubled down, added a ton of 'but trump!' and here we are.

whereas wolf has eclipsed anything rendell ever did as gov to destroy the state, it is more important for the rebuilding of pa that fetterman NOT be a senator, than mastriano be a govner. anything else shows utter contempt for the people of pa.

ps: reynosa mx. I spelled it wrong. follow up report from mexico on the non existant caravans stuck there.
You are, factually, the person that brought Soros and the migrant caravan into the thread. So, I should be asking you, really. Who went "beserk," exactly? I mean you joined the thread with the sentence, "well, the bright side from this, the nutcase faction doubled down that we need MORE of the BS." Lol.

Wolf destroyed the state? Were the forgotten parts of the state, from rural Appalachia to urban Fairhill, shining beacons of economic and social opportunity in 2003, after nearly eight years of a Republican trifecta in the state? C'mon now.

Old 06-04-2022, 11:40 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,697,298 times
Quote:

I think McCormick would've beat Fetterman. I see Fetterman beating Oz.

Old 06-04-2022, 11:54 AM

14,267 posts, read 9,143,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
once again, show us (its online, I told you where) how many immigrate in any fashion for ALL SOURCES combined OTHER than the southern border. and then show us the KNOWN encounters at the southern border, keeping in mind the 863000-ish immigrants biden has already resettled into the US with paper 'notices to appear' some year in the future. is it 10:1 like I claimed?

yes or no. show your numbers. I did.
Encounters at the southern border != "allowing unrestricted immigration."

My argument isn't over numbers, it's over your characterization of them.

That 1.6 million people attempt to enter the US from Mexico so far this year doesn't mean we let all 1.6 million of them in, no questions asked. Doing that would be "allowing unrestricted immigration."

The one change in policy Biden enacted is that the US now no longer requires asylum-seekers to remain in Mexico while their cases are adjudicated. But a good number of those 1.6 million are economic migrants, who would have been allowed to enter, then go back home under the policy prior to the mid-1960s. Under current policy, however, they either get caught and sent back or sneak through if they don't enter legally.

FWIW: The plural of anecdote is not data, but we do have immigrants from other nations in this country illegally as well. The way they become illegals is: They enter the country on a time-limited visa (student most commonly) and simply don't go back home once the visa expires. I met a young Irish woman at the Reading Terminal Market once who explained that she was this sort of "illegal alien."

Old 06-04-2022, 12:00 PM

14,267 posts, read 9,143,312 times
Quote:

My version of your assessment of Fetterman is: He knows and can speak the language of the Forgotten. Having run a city in that part of the state (even if it is in Allegheny County) helped, no doubt (and it doesn't hurt that said Forgotten city is now overwhelmingly Black).

Oz, OTOH, really can't speak that language. That will make a big difference come fall.

Old 06-04-2022, 12:06 PM

7,284 posts, read 10,626,488 times
I'm frankly impressed that the Republicans allowed the nomination of a non-Christian. They're not exactly the party of diversity and don't exactly have a history of embracing those of alternative faiths. This is a big step for them; I'm not trying to be sarcastic, either.

Claps for you, GOP!

That's about as many as you'll get from me, though.

Old 06-04-2022, 12:18 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,321,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
I'm frankly impressed that the Republicans allowed the nomination of a non-Christian. They're not exactly the party of diversity and don't exactly have a history of embracing those of alternative faiths. This is a big step for them; I'm not trying to be sarcastic, either.

Claps for you, GOP!

That's about as many as you'll get from me, though.
You probably live in a place that is about as diverse as the place where NewtonBucks lives. Which is to say: not the least bit diverse.

Old 06-04-2022, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You probably live in a place that is about as diverse as the place where NewtonBucks lives. Which is to say: not the least bit diverse.

heck, I dispute any of them actually live in PA. perhaps once years ago. but I got $5 that says they are less pennsylvanian than Oz. whom they complain about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania