Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 05:46 PM

7 posts, read 22,030 times

Advertisements

I posted a while ago about Maryland since my husband will be working in Towson, then Aberdeen Proving Ground, and we were recently told to look into Delta, PA.
Could someone share names of the local home builders and real estate companies so we can take a look at what they have to offer? Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 12:57 PM

96 posts, read 343,601 times
Hello,
There are 84 active single family homes on the market in Delta pa. Priced between $104,000 and $300,000. Median price falls around $233,000 .
Builders that come to my mind are Ryland homes, Gemcraft, Lenniar, S&A Homes. Ryan, I am sure there are lots more just can not think of them off the top of my head. But these are big name builders so they can be found on line.
Real estate offices are the big names as well. Long and Foster, Prudential, ReMax, AllQuest, Century 21 and list goes on. Best of luck...

Old 08-05-2008, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 4,409 times
Default Builders to beware

If you can stay away from track home builders - such as Lennar - Ryan & Ryland. Korey homes built half the development in Delta Ridge and Gemcraft the other half - Korey had to sell their remaining lots because they are not a track builder they build quality homes while Gemcraft builds the crappiest house with the cheapest materilas - you will not be happy. I think that Korey has one house left in that development.

There are some very good custom builders that had bought lots and then couldn't sell them when this downturn happened who would be more than happy to build a home for you. Remember they are sitting on that property so deals are to be had. Stay away from Linkous though they are liars and thieves. Good luck and do your due diligence!

Old 08-05-2008, 04:14 PM

WOW SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODAY GOT A BAD DEAL!! I have been in and seen up close Lennar homes. They are built to last. Ryan homes are booming everywhere. You need to beware of a builder that does not have a company behind them right now. Always do your homework first... Hard times are everywhere and it hits high and low today.Ryan or Lennar or Gemcraft are not going out of buseness tommorrow. Who knows about a small unknown... Just before doing anything get your ducks in a row, Look into all your options. Contact a realtor or lawyer to represent you. Always have a buyers agent never let the builder have full control. This way you are protected...

Old 08-06-2008, 04:14 PM

13 posts, read 96,606 times
Here is something to consider when you are making your move.
How long will it take public safety agencies (police, fire, EMS) to get to me if I need help.
The fire and EMS part are okay as Delta/Cardiff have their own local services.
On the other hand, if you need the police, the closest ones are the PA State Police in Loganville which is approximately 30 miles away.
On a routine call it takes the police anywhere from 1 to 4 hours to respond. For an emergency it can take upto 40 minutes for them to respond. Every now and then you may get lucky and there will be a car in the area when you call and it may only take 5 - 10 minutes.
If I were you I would stay south of the border in Maryland where the government services are much better.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:33 PM

13 posts, read 96,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMouse View Post
Here is something to consider when you are making your move.
How long will it take public safety agencies (police, fire, EMS) to get to me if I need help.
The fire and EMS part are okay as Delta/Cardiff have their own local services.
On the other hand, if you need the police, the closest ones are the PA State Police in Loganville which is approximately 30 miles away.
On a routine call it takes the police anywhere from 1 to 4 hours to respond. For an emergency it can take upto 40 minutes for them to respond. Every now and then you may get lucky and there will be a car in the area when you call and it may only take 5 - 10 minutes.
If I were you I would stay south of the border in Maryland where the government services are much better.
This is not just for Delta, but for all rural Pennsylvania. Make sure you have your own local police or live near the state police barracks.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:47 PM

Lived in the MD area just over the border. The police there run vry close to what we have here in PA. No better no worse.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,268 times
you might also consider stewartstown, pa they have their own "police"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania