Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2008, 10:48 AM

87 posts, read 409,274 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
Our house has been up for 3 weeks and so far no lookers. My realtor says their other listings are all slow as well and to not be concerned yet. Anyone else have their house up now? How has your traffic been? Is the market notoriously slow this time of year in "normal" times anyway? I know all about the downturn, economy and all that of course but just trying to gauge how long before I should be concerned about not having any activity. It is in a desirable neighborhood, has nice curb appeal and is updated and easy to show so no probs there...we had kind of resigned ourselves to not selling before spring but still holding out hope we are wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 02:57 PM

96 posts, read 343,601 times
This time of year is a slow time every year. I think that once the holidays pass things do pick up. if your home is priced correctly it will sell. Keep your chin up. it is tough out there but there are people looking. Make sure your Realtor places the listing on line in as many places as possible. Most lookers are on line. Good Luck

Old 12-03-2008, 03:09 PM

87 posts, read 409,274 times
That is good to know We are all over the internet and I am pleased with that. I am also confident we are priced right since it is painful to read it lol.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:16 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,776,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA-PA-TX? View Post
That is good to know We are all over the internet and I am pleased with that. I am also confident we are priced right since it is painful to read it lol.
I feel your pain! We sold our house in MD this past Feb. We had planned to move at this time a couple years ago, so we had no idea the bubble would burst just in time for us

This time of year is always slow, what with the holidays and all. We had our house listed from mid-Sept till we got a contract at the end of January. We had at least 3 open houses with no one coming. It did pick up in January, one day we had 5 people! We were lucky to sell but our price made me cry too .

Stay positive! It will happen, but it may take longer than you anticipated. There are houses in my new neighborhood that have been up for sale for over a year. As long as you know your price is right, and your home is decluttered and has good appeal, you'll be fine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania